We have made the decision

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieO.

Guru
Vessel Name
Luna C.
Vessel Make
1977 Marine Trader 34DC
Hi Forum,
Was planning to retire to a boat but we have decided, why wait? Ages now are 48 for me, 41 for the GF and 7 for our son. We are currently on the 2 year plan to sell all and relocate. Plan to be dockside for the first year then hopefully seasonal transients, as at least one of us should be employed. I want to return to Alaska as I had worked on Boats there some 25 years ago out of Seward and Homer, and was able to access the extremely beautiful and remote areas of Prince William Sound And the Aleutians. But we are really open to anywhere around North America right now. I like cooler weather and mountains, she likes warm and sandy beaches.

I look forward to learning and laughing here.

Welcome to TF. I definitely agree with the not waiting so long. However, do foresee issues with respect to your widely differing climate preferences. Best of luck with that.

Welcome to TF. I definitely agree with the not waiting so long. However, do foresee issues with respect to your widely differing climate preferences. Best of luck with that.

I'm hoping for Alaska somewhere but we could compromise somewhere else like say Virginia or North Carolina, we want to be on ocean or have quick access.

I'm hoping for Alaska somewhere but we could compromise somewhere else like say Virginia or North Carolina, we want to be on ocean or have quick access.

Welcome aboard.

I can't think of any more opposite places than coastal VA/NC and Alaska. Except they can both be humid/damp (in different ways).

There are lots of places though.

So far we haven't settled on location yet. Next summer we have a trip to Alaska planned so maybe it could sell itself. I think we should take a road trip down the eastern seaboard to see how we feel about that. We just don't want to get into a slip that is gonna cost $1000 month.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom