Hendo's Randall 35 Cray Boat complete rebuild, Perth, Western Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Life's experiences create a stage for each of us...your grand performance is yet to come.

A positive way to view it, if possible, is that like trawlering, the journey can be as or even more satisfying, than the destination. That said, it could be a tough time when friends, here and elsewhere, and kind thoughts, are important. So often, one door closes and another opens.

Jeez Matt, that is tragic on so many levels. I'm sorry for all that's happened to you and I hope you will be able to return one day and continue to regale us with your progress and skills as your life moves on. All the best, mate!
And if I can add my 2 cents, your are an invaluable source of knowledge for anyone who want to restore his boat! I am sure that I would have hundred of questions you would answer just for mine!

L

Matt, I experienced a similar event. I had a condo, she had a house, I had a boat.
I told her, we can reach a reasonable settlement or, we can put all the assets in a bucket and divide in half. Conclusion: I kept the boat and my condo, she kept her house and we agreed on a cash settlement.

I am sorry for the loss of your boat. I am glad you sold it quickly. Now, you have a new life to live. Been there, done that. Life goes on and on.

The 'whys', we dont need or want to know. God put the eyes on the front of our head so we can see where we are going without dwelling on the "where we have been". Stay strong.

Sorry to hear the news Matty. We'll all miss the project, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I'm sure when things settle down and you find a new normal, life will be better than it was before.

Much love from the TF gang, and we hope you come back to visit us from time to time. If you ever find yourself in the top half of the world, there's always room on Sylphide for you.

Matt
What others have already said X10!
Your talents are exceptional and will stay with you no matter what. Get settled and find an outlet for your skills and imagination. Do stick around TF and let us know what the next project is.... whether its a boat or not doesn't matter.
All the best!

Maybe when things settle down, you can buy your boat back?????

I just can't imagine it! Can't imagine putting all the time into the project and nothing.

Two Divorce Jokes:

My first wife and I did an elevator divorce. She took the elevator; I got the shaft.

In case you're wondering why divorces are so expensive, it's because they're worth it.

Ted

Shocked and surprised. Really wanted to see you launch this and have a grand time aboard. Matt- sell the movie rights after the divorce and buy your dream back.

A sad day indeed after so much inspiring work!

You should look on the work as a gift to all of us IN ADDITTION to rebuilding Solstice.

For that, we are thankful and wish you wonderful things going forward...

This saddens me great to hear. Best wishes Matt.

Matt my Mate

On a cell, my wife and I read your post while aboard our boat this past weekend.

I cannot explain how immediately concerned we became for you.

Wish I could help you.

Please take care of yourself.

Email me if you would like. I'm ready for any conversation that may assist.

Your 8 year web-net friend,

Art

Frankly, Matt, I'm at a total loss for words. Fortunately for me, it's all been said. I can only imagine how you must feel. :flowers:

Matt, this is heartbreaking. I hope sometime in the future, you will be reunited with SOLSTICE!

Of course go the launching. The new owner may need your help and guidance and maybe a paying job or two?

Hi all,
It’s with a heavy heart I advise you all that SOLSTICE has been sold.
Some of you know that felicity and I broke up a while ago and well she ate her sights on the boat as part of the separation. I couldn’t afford to pay her out so I listed the boat for sale. She sold in under 24hrs. The new owner has said he wants me to come down for the launch. Not sure how I feel about that. She was a big part of my life, as she was for you all.Thank you to everyone that made it possible and for all of your support. Such a sad end but I’ll sign out for now
Regards
Matt

Matt:

Are you okay?

As difficult as it was for Hubby Dan and I to read your post, it must have been a million times more difficult for you to write it.

We both cried.

We are so sorry this has happened.

Best wishes,
Mrs. Trombley

Last edited:
Sad news Matt . Keep your head up. You are quite an inspiration for us all.

Hi Matt - and - Hi to all of Matt's Boat Restoration Fans!

I wish everyone a fine Holiday Season... at close of this tumultuous 2020 year.

I also wish and hope for a much more relaxing, productive year during 2021.

Specifically for Matt...

I want your cares and concerns to begin to melt fully into the past and your life to experience fun and joy. As we in TF were all so fully attached to you and your super duper restoration program on SOLISTCE; I hope there may be some way we could learn a bit about her life since you and your boat needed to part ways. Have you anything uplifting to report?

Stay safe and healthy!!

Art :speed boat:

I’m ready for Matt’s next boat, perhaps this one was just an appetizer

Matt, when check in, you are missed.
I do hope things are quieting down in your life.

Where is Matt, I think I spotted him in Mississippi, maybe he is working on his next project
IMG_3759.jpg

Where is Matt, I think I spotted him in Mississippi, maybe he is working on his next project
View attachment 116244

I hope Matt gets a kick out of your post... it is pretty funny.

Having tried to reach him... I sure wish he'd chime back into TF.

Matt's greatly respected boat restoration "odyssey" will never be forgotten by many of we TF contributors.

Come on back in Matt - We're here for ya!

Cheers and Happy 2021 to you! - Art

Holy Crap, how did I miss this! I realize I’ve been off grid a lot in the last 6 months, but what a bummer.
Matt, our best wish’s for you in whatever you do, you have been such an inspiration to so many of us here on TF.
Fair winds my friend!
Crusty

I’d like to know how the launching went, a lot of use followed the build and would probably like to know how it went.

I definitely would like to know how the launch went. A single pic of her in the water would do! Best to you, Matt.

Back
Top Bottom