Hello from central Ontario

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leo North

I grew up in southwestern Ontario and spent many summer days on Lake Erie, and countless small lakes further north.

Decades later, I've still never had my own boat, and one day I would really like to change that. I'm hoping to do this within the next 5 years.

I miss being out on the water. I've always loved boats and boating, and it's time to start doing some research, and to return to a pastime I value.

Looking to learn new things and make new friends and contacts.

Yes, welcome to TF. However, coming on here could be dangerous. It might fire you up to go out there and get some sort of boat and get out on the water, instead of just dreaming about it. Be warned. It's addictive, but there is no FDA warning on the label..! :flowers:

Welcome aboard TF. While our home port is in NY our favorite cruises are in Ontario.
Don't know how far you are from Georgian Bay but that has to be some of the best cruising in all of the NE.

Welcome Appreciated

Thank you for the welcome everyone!

I'm here to further my education of trawler style boats, and to eventually work myself into a situation where I do (one day) have a boat of my own. It's neither economically recommended nor is it curable - Yes I realize it!

Georgian Bay is about a 30 minute drive from here. I'm actually in a town on the Great Loop. What's interesting is, a few weeks ago, I didn't know what that was. Now I understand why there are usually such a variety of amazing boats around here.

Thank you for the welcome everyone!

I'm here to further my education of trawler style boats, and to eventually work myself into a situation where I do (one day) have a boat of my own. It's neither economically recommended nor is it curable - Yes I realize it!

Georgian Bay is about a 30 minute drive from here. I'm actually in a town on the Great Loop. What's interesting is, a few weeks ago, I didn't know what that was. Now I understand why there are usually such a variety of amazing boats around here.
So guessing you are on the Trent Severn Waterway? I'll even guess maybe around Lake Simcoe??? Near Orillia???
If so, you have the best of both worlds... boat can be close to home with easy access to some absolutely wonderful cruising grounds.
Make it a point to "walk the docks" or locks and chat with some of those "Loopers". Most have interesting tales and love talking about their boats.
We have connected with several TF members in that area and enjoyed the opportunity to talk live instead of through our keyboards.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom