Show us your marine wristwatch.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Original sailing watch was a Casio digital with count down timer and stop watch. It lasted 20+ years and days/weeks of sailing/racing. It died finally. I gave it a proper burial at sea in grays reef. I hope my ashes are left there as well and I’ll reclaim it. Replaced with a timex Ironman with the countdown function On my 2nd one and have a 3rd in reserve. I now race with a large face sailing specific watch on My 2nd one of these nice big face big buttons start sequences for 3 and 5 minute count down beeps nicely. The 1st of these was an expensive Gill which lasted 2.5 seasons and died. I called Gill up and hoped for some satisfaction on a 150.00 watch that was meant for the marine environment I was told so sad so sorry. It was the last Gill product I purchased (their sailing gloves stopped lasting more than 1/2 a season as well.) completely done with them in less it is deeply discounted. Current one not a Gill can’t remember the brand was a prize in a race I only wear a watch when underway

Yet another Omega.

This one is a seamaster 300

I like mechanical movement watches!

Attachments

• 75D1C87D-C1BF-4E8E-AB1C-B1680D26B265.jpg
    75D1C87D-C1BF-4E8E-AB1C-B1680D26B265.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 48
Seiko is my everyday watch

IMG_1908.jpg

my watch

I never wore a watch during my working years, but after selling my business and retiring early, I exercised my bucket list item of a Rolex. I settled on a Submariner. My wife said if I was going to spend the money for a Rolex, I had to wear it, (I had just planned on leaving it for my son), so I have only taken it off on occasion for the last 13 years. I think there are more accurate watches (like the Seiko), but I love my Rolex and am thinking of getting a day/date gold Rolex President to wear if I ever get dressed up again.

Attachments

• submariner.jpg
    submariner.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 45
  • president.jpg
    president.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 242
My wife gave this to me in 1988, the day we got married. - 32 years ago. ?
It looks and feels exactly the same as the day I first put it on. I have grown accustomed to the weight of it and kinda feel naked without it.
It has endured several years of saturation diving, from salvaging Harrier jump jets to installing subsea assets in 1000' of water, and still looks good at Starbucks.
The only other watch I have is a Fitbit which I must confess to using more & more as time goes on. That said, we are just about to go out for lunch at the yacht club with friends, and the Rolex is on.

Wow! you scored in the 'wife' department!

Being a bit of a watch nerd...when I started diving I looked for niche watch makers. Benarus started in 2008. They aren't your Omega/Rolexes $10K+ watches but their movements the same. I have a Moray, a Remora, Sea Snake (one for each kid when I die)..nice watches, Steve & Ralf are German watchmakers, limited editions, about a year+ to get a watch...

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui...340765&th=174a3cd5ef2d14dd&view=att&disp=safe

Where can I find "Steve and Ralf" watches?

Attachments

• 2021-01-07 20.44.27-1.jpg
    2021-01-07 20.44.27-1.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Do I get the award for the most nautical looking? I got my first Corum Admiral's watch in the mid-80s. When they came out with the newer model with the blue face, I had to have it. It's maybe 10 years old and I wear it every day.

Attachments

• IMG_6992.jpg
    IMG_6992.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 136
80e42f10-a62b-4aee-9a83-bc8671b842b3_1.231d2a17b0e09d265395852cde98a877.jpeg

Casio Dive Watch. It keeps better time than my Rolex Submariner did, and when I lose it (like I did a few months ago) instead of panicking or calling my insurance company, I just go to Wal-Mart and laid out another $50.

Bought one for my son recently. Apparently it is the same watch that Bill Gates wears.

Bought one for my son recently. Apparently it is the same watch that Bill Gates wears.

As stated here

https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=922819&postcount=69

Going by how dumb the herd is will Casio share prices now shoot to moon because of Bill Gates ownership? ;)

Thinking
Elon Musk tweet sends this stock up 1,500% in 24 hours — may be a sign of market bubble

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/elon...may-be-a-sign-of-market-bubble-175845075.html

Do I get the award for the most nautical looking? I got my first Corum Admiral's watch in the mid-80s. When they came out with the newer model with the blue face, I had to have it. It's maybe 10 years old and I wear it every day.

Yes that's pretty nautical looking! Corum makes a great watch.

I have a Seiko Tuna and a few other dive/tool watches, but I really wanted a tide watch. Seiko makes a few options and I ended up with this Seiko 6F24-7010. Love the look and intricate complexity.

Attachments

• Seiko 6F24-7010 Tide Watch.jpg
    Seiko 6F24-7010 Tide Watch.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 33
I have a Seiko Tuna and a few other dive/tool watches, but I really wanted a tide watch. Seiko makes a few options and I ended up with this Seiko 6F24-7010. Love the look and intricate complexity.

Does the tide ring automatically?

The left crown rotates the internal tide bezel. Once set, it works for that location from then on. Seems ideal for cruising up and down the East Coast.

How does it handle diurnal tides?

Think watches are dangerous as are bracelets and rings when working around machinery. Also they are an invitation to get mugged. So they all sit in the safe at home when cruising.

Back
Top Bottom