View Single Post
Old 09-14-2020, 04:44 PM   #105
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemier View Post
Hi Cardude,
Julie and I wash, wax, and maintain every single inch of INFINITY ourselves. And it's a HUGE job. We are not getting any younger, and the jobs are not getting any easier. To cope, we have refined our procedures down to a science (time-&-motions man would be proud), and we break the jobs down into days now. For instance, to wash the boat, it takes three days.
Day 1: Pilot House and upper deck.
Day 2: Main deck.
Day 3: Aft deck and bustle

Waxing is done separately. We simply take one area, and spend a two-hour period doing just that area. Perhaps doing this twice a week, when in 'waxing-mode'.

Engine room stuff typically gets done as required, or as per my own maintenance schedule which I have developed in Excel.

It's not really easy, but it's doable. We have discussed down-sizing just this month actually, but we have fallen in love with INFINITY and feel she's part of us. Funny how emotional one can get when you discuss saying good-bye to your boat. I think my last sentiment about it was: over my dead body. 😜
Wifey B: I would think you'd find downsizing very difficult. Have you considered others for cleaning work, either at marinas by locals or by taking a young crew member with you?
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote