Travel to Canada right now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The horn???
10 boats and 84 degrees in Squirrel Cove on Sunday.

From Neah Bay to Astoria. I try to make it back to the Columbia River no later than the second week in September as I don't like traveling that stretch in the dark.

But it would be nice to be on the hook in Squirrel Cove.

My kid just brought his commercial fishing boat down from Juneau to Gig Harbor.... Said clearing into Canada was just a phone call....and no problem with any of the Canadians except a sail boat that was under power but had a sail flopping in the wind... claiming he could turn in front of my kids boat, because he was sailing vessel...

We got stopped by the USCG for just looking like we were on course for Canada at the start of August. I don't think anything has changed. As I mentioned in another post, the only boats we could see cross the border from Turn Point were some Canadian sailboats that were tacking across the border...well across actually since I could read the ports of call without any aids.

Over the three weeks we spent in the San Juans I saw zero cases of boats crossing the border. As I said the USCG is patrolling that border, I saw them frequently. I have to assume the CCG is doing the same. That gives a lot of credence to the probability that those 'US' vessels in BC are probably largely owned by Canadians who haven't changed their port of call.

Received this notice today:

English Version *** La version française suit ***
Dear NEXUS Member,
The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) would like to provide you with a number of updates.
First, the CBSA would like to inform you that in response to the global pandemic of COVID-19, all NEXUS and FAST enrollment centres are temporarily closed.
As a result, all NEXUS and FAST interviews that were previously scheduled will be postponed. Applicants and existing members will need to reschedule interviews after the CBSA and U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) resume joint enrollment operations. The date of re-opening is continually assessed in light of current travel restrictions and we invite you to visit the*CBSA website*for updates.
To reschedule your NEXUS or FAST interview appointment, please log into your online*Trusted Traveler Programs (TTP) System*account. NEXUS and FAST members who submitted an application for membership renewal prior to the expiry date on the card will maintain their membership for 18 months beyond the expiry date.
Second, the Vancouver Urban Enrollment Centre for NEXUS and FAST interviews will not be re-opening to the public once COVID-19 restrictions are eased. Interviews may be scheduled at any of the other enrollment centres after they re-open, including at the nearby Vancouver International Airport or in Birch Bay, Washington.
Finally, as part of Canada’s efforts to reduce the spread of COVID-19, all travellers –*including those on exempt travel –*are required to provide specific information upon entry into Canada. The recently launched*ArriveCAN app*enables you to submit your information up to 48 hours prior to your arrival. It reduces physical contact for a safer, faster border process. You can download it on your mobile device through the*App Store*or*Google Play.*
You are on exempt travel*if you are entering Canada to provide: trade or transport services; essential services; cross-border services or medical services. If you have previously provided any of these services, but are now entering Canada for other reasons,*you are not on exempt travel.
All travellers –*excluding those on*exempt travel*– are required to isolate or quarantine for 14 days after entering Canada. At the border, you will need to provide details on where you will be quarantining. After crossing the border, you will need to check-in with the Public Health Agency of Canada about your symptoms, and confirm you are sticking with your quarantine plan. The*ArriveCAN app*will enable you to also submit this information.
Visit*Current border measures and requirements*for information about how COVID-19 is affecting travellers, border services, programs and business.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience through this process.
Sincerely,
Travellers Policy and Programs Directorate
Canada Border Services Agency

The Nexus office at Birch Bay Square, looked like it was Open this am. About a month ago it was pretty dead there, and then it seemed like it reopened. Will check on Tuesday when I am back there. The gym I go to is almost next door.

Don’t do it ! It’s not worth the risk in so many ways

A voyage to visit his Canadian girlfriend last weekend ended up costing a Bellingham man $1,000 for crossing the U.S. border and violating Canada’s Quarantine Act.

On Sunday, Sept. 27, Royal Canadian Mounted Police members with the ShipRider Program were paroling the marine border along the U.S.-Canada border in the Southern Gulf Island region when they spotted a Seasport cabin cruiser out of Bellingham anchored in the Crescent Beach Channel near Blackie Spit, according to a RCMP release on the incident.

The RCMP found two occupants in the boat — a 49-year-old Bellingham man and a 50-year-old woman from Surrey, B.C., according to the release.

Read more here: https://www.bellinghamherald.com/news/coronavirus/article246149770.html#storylink=cpy

Don’t do it ! It’s not worth the risk in so many ways

A voyage to visit his Canadian girlfriend last weekend ended up costing a Bellingham man $1,000 for crossing the U.S. border and violating Canada’s Quarantine Act.

On Sunday, Sept. 27, Royal Canadian Mounted Police members with the ShipRider Program were paroling the marine border along the U.S.-Canada border in the Southern Gulf Island region when they spotted a Seasport cabin cruiser out of Bellingham anchored in the Crescent Beach Channel near Blackie Spit, according to a RCMP release on the incident.

The RCMP found two occupants in the boat — a 49-year-old Bellingham man and a 50-year-old woman from Surrey, B.C., according to the release.

Read more here: https://www.bellinghamherald.com/news/coronavirus/article246149770.html#storylink=cpy

Girlfriends can be expensive :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom