Island mattress

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jclays

Vessel Name
Freebird
Vessel Make
1997 Mainship 350
Is the island mattress custom to Mainship 350/390 or is is it a standard shape .
Looking for bedding and maybe a new mattress.

It’s not a standard bed shape. It’s wide up top and tapers towards the end of the bed. An island bed. If you have a 350/390 you’d know the shape

I don’t understand the purpose of your post, if not for purposes of a test question to see who gets it right.

In your initial post, you ask if the mattress on a 350/390 is custom or standard, and your next post says, while replying to someone else, “It’s not a standard bed shape. It’s wide up top and tapers towards the end of the bed. An island bed. If you have a 350/390 you’d know the shape.”

OK...so you know it’s custom, not standard, from the get-go. That brings me back to your original post...what are you trying to learn here?

It’s not a standard rectangular mattress like home. However it is standard on some Main ships. I was asking if it was a standard Shape on island beds in the boating industry. I need some bedding and maybe want to replace my mattress without having it be Custom made.

Lots of boats have custom shaped mattresses. If you want to replace the mattress then I would measure it and see what size memory foam mattress is larger than yours and get one then cut it down to the custom shape yours is. An electric knife works well cutting foam. Then either have bedding made locally or make it yourself if you can sew.

If you don't want to hack up an oversized mattress with a bread life to make it fit, there are plenty of suppliers who will custom cut and cover a foam mattress to fit your platform. Google is your friend. We did that and got ourselves a very comfortable mattress at a surprisingly modest price. In fact, it is the most comfortable mattress on which we have ever slept.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom