Torsk_Melbourne

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Torsk
Vessel Make
Romsdal Trawler
Hi all
We are new to the forum and would like to let you all know that we are the new custodians of Torsk...thanks Garry.
Delivery took place in January in Tin Can Bay, Queensland. After a whirlwind systems endorsement...thanks again Garry, we set off south on our first adventure in our 55 year old beauty.
Wide Bay bar crossing, 14 knots with the sails aloft in the East Australian current, Sydney Harbour on Australia day, 60 knot gales in Rose Bay, Tenford steering repairs, Bass Straight dolphins and finally here we are safe and locked down in Williamstown Melbourne.

Keep an eye on torsk_melbourne on Instagram to track her new adventures.

Welcome to another fellow Aussie to TF. From your description, it appears you have what we downunder would call a yacht. Our North American and Canadian members call them sailboats, or is it a motor sailor..?

However, one does not have to have a so-called trawler to be welcome on TF. What's in a name after all..? The common bond is we just love things that float. After all, I started getting the itch just poling a large packing case across the farm dam.

PS. We always want photos, or it never happened is the saying on here... :flowers:

Welcome to another fellow Aussie to TF. From your description, it appears you have what we downunder would call a yacht. Our North American and Canadian members call them sailboats, or is it a motor sailor..?

However, one does not have to have a so-called trawler to be welcome on TF. What's in a name after all..? The common bond is we just love things that float. After all, I started getting the itch just poling a large packing case across the farm dam.

PS. We always want photos, or it never happened is the saying on here... :flowers:

Hi Peter
Just managed to get our photo up. She is defiantly not a sailing yacht...65 tonne of steel, a Gardner 6...with sails.
Regards
John

Hi all
We are new to the forum and would like to let you all know that we are the new custodians of Torsk...thanks Garry.
Delivery took place in January in Tin Can Bay, Queensland. After a whirlwind systems endorsement...thanks again Garry, we set off south on our first adventure in our 55 year old beauty.
Wide Bay bar crossing, 14 knots with the sails aloft in the East Australian current, Sydney Harbour on Australia day, 60 knot gales in Rose Bay, Tenford steering repairs, Bass Straight dolphins and finally here we are safe and locked down in Williamstown Melbourne.

Unless there are two Romsdals named Torsk, that boat was moored in Olympia, Washington for years in the 80's, 90's. The hull was blue. Maybe the house was blue too.

I got a tour one day when the owner was aboard.

How did it end up there?

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum, and Congrats on the new boat.

We saw her lying Cannes in late 2018 and she's a looker for sure. Congratulations. I expect she is well qualified for the Coral Sea and beyond and sounds like you have found adventure with her already.
Well done!

Hi all

Hi John, Congratulations on your purchase and arrival to Melbourne. I know you will have many future adventures on "Torsk" and enjoy every minute on board as I did. Its great to see you are the new custodian and I know "Torsk" is in good hands. Just for your information I believe "Torsk" is the first male vessel I had ever owned.....Cheers Mate and "Thanks"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom