View Single Post
Old 09-03-2020, 07:37 PM   #11
Portage_Bay
Guru

City: Coupeville Wa.
Vessel Name: Pacific Myst
Vessel Model: West Bay 4500
Yes, I understood your question and went off topic to rant about proper operation in and near VTS schemes. My apologies.

If TF member soin2la has found a good source, no there is no reason you can't cross Canadian waters enroute US port to US port. See this post. https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/...&postcount=156

QUOTE=CPONTE25;918957]Yes, by "rhumb line" I meant a course that allows cutting the corner, but again, the question was not a request for cruising advice, or for a lesson on the subtleties of VTS (I do appreciate the information though). It was simply to verify with the group if "post COVID", (meaning in the current situation, not implying that the pandemic is over), the Canadians had changed the normal rules that were in place at the beginning of the year.

The short answer is no. We can still enter Canadian water so long as we do not anchor or land.

My intent was certainly not to shave off a few miles. I actually considered going all the way around San Juan Island just to enjoy the scenery and more time on the boat. I used the specific example to prevent lengthy exchanges on going to Alaska from Washington State, stopping for fuel, etc.

Thanks guys...[/QUOTE]