What is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diverrob

Vessel Name
Sounder
Vessel Make
Mainship 34T
Hey everyone

Looking for a bit of help identifying this possible tank in my 2007 34T. I have the single engine and no generator so I’m assuming this is used with another model. Wondering if I could use it for water and where the access would be for it. Thanks

Rob

Attachments

• 39AA8A61-75DE-4636-B05A-E5C0D1EA4652.jpg
    39AA8A61-75DE-4636-B05A-E5C0D1EA4652.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 68
  • 1A55C11E-102C-407D-86A7-6300779AAD73.jpg
    1A55C11E-102C-407D-86A7-6300779AAD73.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 52
  • 3E4EC489-4B08-450B-82FB-7B3FDDACB38A.jpg
    3E4EC489-4B08-450B-82FB-7B3FDDACB38A.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 54
If this is mounted on the port side of the ER, just aft of the engine, then I suspect it is the location the salon AC unit is installed in.

At least that is what it was used for on mine.

If this is mounted on the port side of the ER, just aft of the engine, then I suspect it is the location the salon AC unit is installed in.

At least that is what it was used for on mine.

Yes it’s on the port side aft of the engine, so if this is where the AC would be how or where is the access to that space? Must be under the carpet in the salon I’m guessing. Thanks

Rob

The only access I had to that AC unit was from above — the return air grill was in the saloon floor right above it.

Fortunately I never had to get to that unit for anything more than a filter cleaning.

So afaik the only access to that space on boats with AC was from above.

Dave has it correct.
Access from grill in floor as well as by removing the bottom of the cabinet on port side just fwd of the aft door. On ours its a storage (liquor) cabinet but understand it was used for an ice maker on some.
There is a larger floor piece slightly larger than the grill that is also removable with a couple screws.

The only way to remove that cabinet and the floor under it on my 2005 34T is with a sawzall.

Thanks everyone, had a look in the liquor cabinet and took the back panel off which will give me access to the space. Don’t think I will do anything with it however as it’s difficult access and not sure the effort would be worth the gain. At least I know what it was intended for though so thanks.

Rob

Thanks everyone, had a look in the liquor cabinet and took the back panel off which will give me access to the space. Don’t think I will do anything with it however as it’s difficult access and not sure the effort would be worth the gain. At least I know what it was intended for though so thanks.

Rob

So then the tank space could be made accessible through the liquor cabinet? Great! Install a secret sliding panel to hold the stock of your favorite liquor! Better yet, put the good stuff behind the panel and the company stuff in the front!

Dave has it correct.
Access from grill in floor as well as by removing the bottom of the cabinet on port side just fwd of the aft door. On ours its a storage (liquor) cabinet but understand it was used for an ice maker on some.
There is a larger floor piece slightly larger than the grill that is also removable with a couple screws.

Lol ? yes that would be fairly simple

The only way to remove that cabinet and the floor under it on my 2005 34T is with a sawzall.
No need to remove the cabinet. Open the door and the floor of the cabinet is screwed down and easily removable with a screw driver. Same with the small floor panel that is around the return air grill. Its not much larger than the grill but certainly improves visibility and access if you need to get at the AC unit.

Another common issue with the MS 34T/HT is the cold air supply duct runs vertically up behind that cabinet and can be seen by removing the back panel of the cabinet (also screwed from inside the cab) and/or removing the stereo speaker higher up on the fed side of the duct chase. The problem is the flex duct on many have either not been attached at the top or were one screw that has pulled out of the flex duct.
It is a real challenge to reattach it but can be done.

If anyone finds this issue PM me and I can go through the process I found worked for me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom