BBQ Grill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blue Heron

Guru
Hello All, looking at a very neccessary upgrade, a BBQ grill. I am not sure which would be best for mounting. I have a sundeck and a full eisenglass enclosure. I would love to go with the Magma Catalina but I am not sure about mounting on the teack railing and there are little stainless support to mount that large. I do think I can mount the circular Magma on the Swim Platform/Boarding ladder.. thoughts? Can anyone provide a pic of their set ups?

BH

If the stern roof does not dirtly over hang and roll up the canvas you might be able to.

I bought a SS grill at Lows, that sits on a self held by regular shelf brackets. The stern roof stop short about 2 ft covering the rail, with the canvas rolled, has not been a concern. We never BBQ with the canvas down. In the winter we use a GorgeForman electric grill.

Last edited:
I have one of the round propane models sold by West Marine and probably made by magma. I like it and have it permanently stowed on a rail on the sundeck.
I think a square grill would be better, but I'm satisfied with this one. We do use it alot.

Attachments

• P1040271.JPG
    P1040271.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 93
  • P1040480.jpg
    P1040480.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 99
Blue Heron said:
Hello All, looking at a very neccessary upgrade, a BBQ grill. I am not sure which would be best for mounting. I have a sundeck and a full eisenglass enclosure. I would love to go with the Magma Catalina but I am not sure about mounting on the teack railing and there are little stainless support to mount that large. I do think I can mount the circular Magma on the Swim Platform/Boarding ladder.. thoughts? Can anyone provide a pic of their set ups?

BH

Here's ours.

image-2247691187.jpg

Blue Heron, If you decide to go with a Magma, I'd love to have the opportunity to quote you on it.

Blue Heron, Sure. I look forward to hearing from you.

I'd recomend the unit the dwhatty has as the mopunting is stable and secure. We have the round Magma unit and have found it to be somewhat frustrating as there is only the single point mounting bracket and is not as stable as the rectangle unit with two mounting points.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom