Albin 33 Identifying Manufacturer XHU

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tpfbdf

Veteran Member
Hi All - I'm looking at what I believe is a 1980 Albin 33 Trawler... but is there any way to know for sure? The documentation I was shown has a Manufacturer Hull Number starting with XHU... and lists it as 34.5.' (From what I've been able to find... the Albin 33 was 32.5'?)

The Coast Guard MIC XHU is Chung Yuang FRP CO. Is there any way to tell if this is an Albin... and does it really matter? (After all... if it Looks, Walks, and Quacks like an Albin 33... does it really matter?)

I guess the other question is this... How the heck do you tell if the boat you are buying matches the documentation... when things don't seem to match "exactly."

Forgive my crazy questions!
Peace and Fair Winds!

Hi All - Went to see the boat yesterday. Nice... but in desperate need of TLC. There was a brass plate above the center helm window that said "Albin 33 Trawler" on one line... and below that... "Hull No XHU - 124"... does this look familiar to anyone? Thanks - Pete
XHU-124-small.jpg

High All... Going to give it one more shot. LOL! All you Albin owners out there... (especially those with boats from the 1970's and 1980's)... How are your boats numbered? What does the documentation (on the boat and on the "paperwork") show for Manufacturer code? AUL?, AUE?, HHG? XHU?... others? Thanks & Peace - Pete

High All... Going to give it one more shot. LOL! All you Albin owners out there... (especially those with boats from the 1970's and 1980's)... How are your boats numbered? What does the documentation (on the boat and on the "paperwork") show for Manufacturer code? AUL?, AUE?, HHG? XHU?... others? Thanks & Peace - Pete

AUL40163M83K
Was the hull number on my (ex) 1983 40 Albin

Thanks! Just can't seem to make/find a connection between Albin and XHU (Chung Yuang FRP). But again... looks, walks, and quacks like an Albin. :)

I have the same scenario.The title says Albin but the coast guard history data shows the Taiwan name, CHU.
The hull is made in Taiwan and has a Tai make, then different builders appoint the hull and it assumes Albin make when completed.
Example, you might see an old Chevy van with the Starcraft package on it. Similar situation.
So far either label is legit, the hull ID should carry either way.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom