Any info on Hershine trawlers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brentpd

Hi guys. I’m new to the trawler world, I’ve worked on commercial boats and owned only sailboats up to this point. Looking to upgrade the liveaboard space and trawlers are a world of difference from sailboats down below. I’m going to look at a Hershine in a few days and I know nothing about these boats. Who designed? Where built? Sturdy/seaworthy? Anything notorious about these boats?

Any comprehensive history or information about these boats would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hershine

I've worked with a broker in the Seattle/Tacoma area that currently owns a Hershine and I believe he knows them inside out. He's honest as the day is long and I think you can get some good information from him...

His name is Kelly and he's with NW Yachtnet in Tacoma. If you want/need more information, PM me.

I'm sitting on a Hershine-made boat right now. It's a 1999 Jefferson cockpit motor yacht (see avatar). Hershine is a Taiwanese boat manufacturer that made/makes boats for a lot of different brands. They have been exporting boats all over the world since the middle 70s and are some of the higher quality boats coming from Taiwan. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone. Our Jefferson is solid, tough, roomy, and comfortable both in the ride while underway and in the living spaces. All of the systems were put together neatly and logically and well-labeled.

I've worked with a broker in the Seattle/Tacoma area that currently owns a Hershine and I believe he knows them inside out. He's honest as the day is long and I think you can get some good information from him...

His name is Kelly and he's with NW Yachtnet in Tacoma. If you want/need more information, PM me.

Right on! Thanks for the tip. I’m up in Seattle and actually the Hershine I’m going to look at is out on the Southwestern puget Sound, not too far from Tacoma. I’ll look him up!

If you are still searching for info try searching for "Her Shine Marine Co, Ltd". This is what my 1987 Jefferson 42 has on its original certification plate mounted at the lower helm. Slightly different spelling may turn up more hits. Totally agree with MV Wanderlust about the Jefferson quality. I'm sitting on my Jefferson 42 Sundeck right now getting ready for a short cruise Sunday. Good luck on your searching.

Sitting on a 1995 Hershine CPMY 45 ft Jefferson. Great boat. Solid. No complaints.

I chartered a 53' Hershine years ago, with 3208 Cats. Really a nice boat with lots of room. I was impressed and my wife even more so.:thumb:

I have a 1985 42 Hershine double cabin. Love the build quality,the flaired bow, twin Perkins T6.354. Top quality hardware throughout. Typical problems of Taiwan trawlers of that era, probably the worst is the tanks rusting out due too leaky decks. Mine where replaced before I bought it, Major expense. I torn up the decks and glassed and non skidded it, not really that bad of a job.

Last edited:
I've had my Her Shine (1987 Sundeck 42) since May 2019 -- I really love this boat. I've had two good month-long cruises so far and I have no complaints. After twenty years of cruising in Express Cruisers -- go-fast boats -- it has been an adjustment, but I certainly appreciate the improved fuel budget! This is a great boat for us Northwest cruisers who want to continue cruising past the summer months during cooler, rainy weather.

New Hershine Owner

We’ve just purchased a 1985 Hershine 42 Sundeck, our surveyor was impressed with the overall build quality and my wife and I were impressed with the space and layout. Looking forward to longer cruises than our Ranger Tug 25 would allow… although we loved our tug too!

Back
Top Bottom