DD Guru in Maryland...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oscar

Guru
Vessel Name
Lady Kay V
Vessel Make
1978 Hatteras 53MY
I am looking for a DD tech that knows the old mechanical engines to spend some time with me in my engine rooms and impart some wisdom. Everything is working, and I will do my best to keep it that way. Yes, I will pay. East Shore of the Chesapeake, Bay Bridge height.

If he is still active, Tom Hug of MR Power is the man. Not just a great tech, a great teacher and communicator. These are the numbers I have for him.

4105741625 • Work
4102747636 • Mobile

I think Johnson & Towers in Bal'mer is still servicing the older DDs...

-Chris

Check in with Richard Walton -- direct phone to his cell is (703) 926-7393. His email is chesbayboat@gmail.com. He is the go to person for most of Deale's charter captains and watermen running Detroits. Plus the DD powered recreational boats in the area. He's very good.

Jim Stitz / White Marsh Diesel. 443-791-9399

or

Frank Butt at AP Marine. 410-633-0602.

Both guys are highly recommended at my marina. Been doing DD and J&T forever.

Spoke to Tom. He's busy but will find some time when I get it closer to where he comes a lot anyways.

Spoke to Tom. He's busy but will find some time when I get it closer to where he comes a lot anyways.

He's a great guy, extremely articulate and can teach you a lot about your engines and associated systems.

See if you can find a copy of ,

Gray Marine - Students' Manual (Second Edition) - Catalog No: 2020 - Date: 1944

This a great tool for learning what is needed to maintain or rebuild a 6-71.

See if you can find a copy of ,

Gray Marine - Students' Manual (Second Edition) - Catalog No: 2020 - Date: 1944

This a great tool for learning what is needed to maintain or rebuild a 6-71.

Available on line at Boatdiesel.com Thanks for the tip!

The last updated (post end of production) factory shop manual set for the 71 series is still available if you look around, as is the 92 series.

The last updated (post end of production) factory shop manual set for the 71 series is still available if you look around, as is the 92 series.

Fortunately the seller produced two boxes with the engine service manuals, original vessel manuals, blueprints for all major systems and 20 years worth of receitps!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom