Onan MDJE 7.5 parts source

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Pacific Myst
Vessel Make
West Bay 4500
Where do you get yours for these aging beasts?

At this time looking for the ball joint on the top of the governor control that the control rod connects to.

Turns out it's plastic and has reached the end of its life.

I've ordered a few things from Ess-Kay yards for my old Onan (a 6.5 MCCK in my case). In general, however, I just find the part number and search around until I find a seemingly reasonable source for it. Last part I needed was a choke heater coil which I ended up finding on eBay as it's NLA from Onan.

Thanks. For some reason I don't think of Ebay when looking for parts

Mine broke about 7 years ago and I was unable to find another. I epoxied mine back together, put duct tape and a hose clamp on it. It has held ever since. I recently found something that might work in the Master-McCarr catalog. Check ball joint linkages. We are finally biting the bullet and replacing our 42 year old 7.5 MDJE this week with with an NL 6kw. I'll have some spare parts available after I get south in Sept.

Tator

Tutor, Please PM me when you've got the old one out. I want to try to keep the old brute running while I spend boat bucks on other priorities.

Try Hatton Marine in Seattle.

I did a complete 1984 6.5 MCCK rebuild 2 years ago through onanparts.com. Parts were rare but Tom found me everything, they have a pretty good part search online.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom