Hello, dear trawler community!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Musikbaer

Vessel Name
currently only charter
Vessel Make
searching for some
With pleasure I may introduce myself. First of all, please excuse my English which might be a little unusual or unpolished. I am from Germany and am not very familiar with the English language, especially idioms.
As you can read in my profile, I am currently 50 years old with family, living in southern Germany. We have only a canoe for our own, but we charter displacement steel boats from time to time, sailing on some lakes and the baltic sea. In the future (about ten years) we hope to be able to buy a used trawler.
I am very interested in exchanging experiences and information about different kinds of trawlers, so that we can find out which one could become our "dream boat".
Thank you all!

Best regards
Joachim

Welcome! Here you will likely find those who have experience with and/or opinions on every boat made. I recommend that you and your family/fellow cruisers each define your "dream boat." Once you have a list of what the combined dream boat has to have, what would be nice for it to have, and what it absolutely shouldn't have, the folks here will be able to help you identify boats that fit that description. I don't know if that will translate to what you can acquire in your area, but that's okay. It'll be a great start.

Greg.

Joaquim, Welcome aboard from the California Delta!!

It is usually helpful to learn what type boats are common in your area. Best for Florida or Adriatic may not be best for North Sea. Look in Marinas and go to boat shows.
Boat owners love to talk about their boats .

Your English is great.

I would suggest rather than rent the same boat out, why not hit some different designs to find out what fits best for you and your family, location, and needs.

Welcome. How many people on board all the time? Do you expect many cruising guests. Many couples find a 30-32' size trawler comfortable for 1-4 weeks, all season might mean 36'. These are some questions to ask yourselves.

Yes, indeed, welcome to TF Joachim. Your English seems pretty good, but don't hesitate to use one of the downloadable translator apps, and use it unashamedly if you need to just to check things are coming out right. I do that quite often communicating with French pen-friends, to avoid unexpected 'bloopers'. :D

From Australia,Welcome Aboard Joachim!
We spent time in Germany and Austria last year, back when we still allowed to travel. We liked pretty Quedlinburg.
The more threads you read on TF, the more you will learn.

Start by making two lists. One is for "MUST HAVE", the other is "WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE".
Items will move from one list to the other over the next few years but eventually you will learn what you want and need.

Welcome Aboard,

pete

Welcome from California !

Welcome from Sweden!

First of all, please excuse my English which might be a little unusual or unpolished. I am from Germany and am not very familiar with the English language

At least you have an excuse, though don't need one.

Welcome aboard Joachim! Looking forward to your perspectives.

Peter

Welcome aboard, Joachim. You correctly used the word "idiom" in a sentence so your English isn't all that bad.

Pete is right about establishing two lists, a "must have" and a "nice to have" list. As you learn and refine your own needs, expect items to move back and forth from list to list. Visiting boat shows, looking a boats for sale online, and asking questions here will be a great way to start building out your lists. For example: When we were last shopping for boats, our "Must have" list (we're in Florida) included air conditioning. That might not be as much of a factor for you but it depends upon the area you intend to cruise.

Let us know what questions you have. We'll try to help you sort things out.

John

Joachim, your English is a heck of a lot better than my German! Lived in Harthausen, Germany from 1987 thru 1991, but I've forgotten most of what I learned. Where are you considering keeping a boat? In Germany, or in another country?
Welcome aboard!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom