View Single Post
Old 08-16-2020, 12:29 AM   #6
Insequent
TF Site Team

City: Brisbane
Vessel Name: Insequent
Vessel Model: Ocean Alexander 50 Mk I
I installed a Quattro inverter/charger 8 years ago and at the time the Blue Power Panel was the helm monitoring unit. Monochrome screen, but it had the capacity to fully configure attached equipment via some fairly deep menu tree's.

That Quattro had a fault and was replaced (part warranty provided) just over 2 years ago. But I had to 'upgrade' to the Colour GX as the BPP was no longer compatible with the newer Quattro. What a huge disappointment the Colour GX is! Basic colour graphics, provision of a reasonable amount of monitoring info, BUT no capacity to edit configuration of attached devices!

To program the Quattro I needed an ethernet cable and a not inexpensive Victron dongle for my laptop. Now sure, once configured you don't often want to make changes, but if I do want to then now it is quite a process.

So I hope the latest device, the Cerbo GX, addresses this. It probably does via an app and bluetooth. I think Victron knew that was the future and that is why they did not bother to put anywhere near enough effort into getting the Colour GX programming done to the extent available on the old BPP.

So check out the product specs carefully before buying!