Does the board seem a little quiet recently?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dougcole

Guru
Vessel Name
Morgan
Vessel Make
'05 Mainship 40T
I feel like maybe it's time for me to break something else on my boat.

Does the board seem a little quiet recently?.

Pretty common in the height of the high season in the Northern Hemisphere. Oddly similar in the dead of winter. Anecdotally, it seems that it is busiest in the fall, when the cold climates haul and the hot climates get into full swing, and the spring when it reverses. There is also an odd spike around the holidays, when I suspect people are dreaming of gifts for their 'boat'.

Pretty common in the height of the high season in the Northern Hemisphere. Oddly similar in the dead of winter. Anecdotally, it seems that it is busiest in the fall, when the cold climates haul and the hot climates get into full swing, and the spring when it reverses. There is also an odd spike around the holidays, when I suspect people are dreaming of gifts for their 'boat'.

Agreed. Right now people are busier boating and not posting. And in the winter they're often off doing other stuff. It's the rest of the "lighter" boating season that leads to people spending a bunch of time posting because they can't be boating.

It was 44* F this morning, while on the hook. Almost time to fire up the diesel heat, nooooo!!!!!

This is true. I tend to check the forum most when I am procrastinating from work or when I'm repairing something on my boat, which has been a lot recently. Not so much when actively cruising.

Here's my list for next week though, so I'm sure I'll add some posts.

1. Keep trying to figure out the failed high water alarm. Or replace entire system using existing wires.

2. Clean holding tank sender, which involves cutting an access plate through the floor in order to remove it.

3. Auto pilot issues. Rudder sensor doesn't seem to be working.

4. Generator spa day. Oil & filter, Impeller, Air Filter, zinc, coolant. Belts.

6. Have FL numbers made for new dinghy, install.

7. Scrub exterior after tropical storm blew through. Take down extra lines and fenders.

Greetings,
Mr. D. As to your point #7. I'd leave everything in place for Josephine...Unless you haven't got enough to do.

This is true. I tend to check the forum most when I am procrastinating from work or when I'm repairing something on my boat, which has been a lot recently. Not so much when actively cruising.

Here's my list for next week though, so I'm sure I'll add some posts.

1. Keep trying to figure out the failed high water alarm. Or replace entire system using existing wires.

2. Clean holding tank sender, which involves cutting an access plate through the floor in order to remove it.

3. Auto pilot issues. Rudder sensor doesn't seem to be working.

4. Generator spa day. Oil & filter, Impeller, Air Filter, zinc, coolant. Belts.

6. Have FL numbers made for new dinghy, install.

7. Scrub exterior after tropical storm blew through. Take down extra lines and fenders.

Hey, what happened to #5?!

Hey, what happened to #5?!

English major. What can I say?

But since you asked:

5. replace the deck flange gasket in my never ending quest to fix all the vacuum leaks in my Vacuflush head.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I've been sweating full time for the last week. Very little time for anything else.

giphy.gif

I don't know about the rest of you, but I've been sweating full time for the last week. Very little time for anything else.

giphy.gif

Heat index 115-118 every day in our marina for the past 6 weeks. Nothing-doing outside.....
I've had about enough.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom