Finding things

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Capitaine R

Vessel Name
Charlie Noble
Vessel Make
32 Nordic Tug
I un-bolted the faux (or silly as Willy would say) smoke stack only to find a TV antenna hiding out inside that we didn't know was there. And it seems to work just fine. For some reason one of the previous owners installed blank covers over the coax cable boxes. It sure would have been good to know it was there on the bring her home trip. We had to buy and use a stick to the window antenna.
I also found this( second photo) in the engine compartment it seems to be hooked up to a few military type wire connectors on both the stern and bow.
Does anyone know what it is and what it was supposed to do?
Sorry it is in a bad spot and hard to photograph.
20200809_120659_002.jpeg20191217_180003.jpeg

Those bars coming out of the side are interesting. Conductors or mechanical links?
Is it related to the cable things at the far left of the photo?
The silver plate on the face looks like it has strain reliefs for cables on the right side.

Last edited:
Greetings,
Mr. CR. Finding things indeed! A hidden antenna and a MarkIV Franjilizer Relay. WOW. Was this boat formerly owned by the Norse GID?

iu

Capitaine,
This blackbox is maintaining time synchronization. Please don't play with it or your will create a time wrap resulting in singularity that will absorb all materials in universe. Your mission is now to push the button every hour so the time box stays on.
Good luck.

L

Greetings,
Mr. L_t. I respectfully disagree. Did you blow up the photo? Did you not notice the Logan input (disconnected) immediately above the Trident of Aegir?

Looks like some form of fly by wire engine controls. There are connectors for standard Morse type cables.

That or it's a flux capacitor....

I also found this (second photo) in the engine compartment it seems to be hooked up to a few military type wire connectors on both the stern and bow.
Does anyone know what it is and what it was supposed to do?
Sorry it is in a bad spot and hard to photograph.

View attachment 106076View attachment 106077

Looks very similar a "one off" [accomplished by a cleaver PO DIYer] set up on an RV we have.

If starter batt fails... Close ours and house batt power goes through to engine starter. Got ours set up so they stay closed and power button on dash completes the connection; if needed. So far, only used that button once. Starter batt clamps had become too corroded. Easy fix!

Do I see burned "crackled" [chared] surface to far rear on right side of low photo!

did the boat previously have a remote control that also allowed the user to put the boat in fwd/reverse and change rpm to allow for docking from the side or stern deck. Have seen a lot of those style multi pin electrical connector in use by auto pilot mfgs.

HOLLYWOOD

RTF may not be helping and I cannot identify much of anything in the 2nd picture.
I started to remove some more of the components of what I believe is a very old remote control auto pilot system?...it does say Wagner on the electric motors and I found a switch that I was barely able to read "Electro Helm on the bezel.
Here are some pictures of the inside of the unit which was already shown and the control unit and one more of the slave units which is mounted to the starboard side of the engine. 20200810_205522.jpeg20200810_205852.jpeg20200810_205900.jpeg20200810_210208.jpeg20200810_210700.jpeg20200810_211134.jpeg

Be careful on the first picture it is obvious you have an alien egg aboard, don't try to look inside.

L

did the boat previously have a remote control that also allowed the user to put the boat in fwd/reverse and change rpm to allow for docking from the side or stern deck. Have seen a lot of those style multi pin electrical connector in use by auto pilot mfgs.

HOLLYWOOD

Yup, definitely a 'drive-by-wire' system for a remote helm/autopilot.

Rtf ?? Manuel ??

Back
Top Bottom