Any Kadey Krogen 42 owners in San Diego

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bwester

Hi, Barry and Gail Wester here at California Yacht Marina in Chula Vista California. We recently purchased a 1985 KK 42 named Amelia. We were not able to spend time with the previous owners onboard so we are trying to figure things out. We were wondering if there are any KK 42 owners in the area willing to spend an afternoon aboard with us to give us an overview of systems, do’s and don’ts, hints, lessons learned type orientation. There are some great Street Taco’s nearby, our treat!!!! Thanks - Barry and Gail Wester (208) 866-4555

Barry, you may want to ask folks to contact you through the PM system rather than put your phone number out there - which can be seen by the general public.

You might be better off just asking questions here. We looked at six different 42’s before we bought ours, and every one of them was very different. Not a lot standard on these boats. The KK42 joke is “If you’ve seen one KK42, you’ve seen one KK42”.

I read everything KK42 related that I can find. Constantly. I read all the ads for boats for sale. I scoure all the pictures to see what people have upgraded. It gives you an idea how they are used. Read Richard Bosts blog Dauntless at Sea. Carribean sea life, and others. Of course the Bible, Cruising Under Power. And join Krogen Cruisers. They are an awesome group of people and have tons of advice and support.

Thanks, I’ve joined both the Northwest KK owners group and the regular KK group also. It appears to be a lot more traffic on Trawler Forum. Thanks again

Thanks, I actually talked with Richard prior to buying our boat to get some advice. I want to be like Richard when I grow up. ��

Thanks, I actually talked with Richard prior to buying our boat to get some advice. I want to be like Richard when I grow up. ��

:lol:

Don't we all!

I have seen KK42s in just about every port from LA to SD so you will likely run across others over time.

Your a lot further along than it sounded at first. Your doing it all right. But, as mentioned KK42s are all different, so you just learn your boat. It's part of the fun for me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom