New to the Forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tarheel65

Thank you for allowing me to join. Wife and I have been RVrs (Airstream trailer) for A number of years and have enjoyed the exploring the country by land in retirement. We are now contemplating doing America’s Great Loop. We are complete boating novices so we are soaking up information and are planning to charter for a week with a Loop veteran husband and wife team to better understand what we may be getting into and if the marine lifestyle appeals to us.

Welcome aboard. Sounds like you have a handle on finding out if boat cruising is a good choice for both of you.
JohnS

Thank you for allowing me to join....We are complete boating novices so we are soaking up information and are planning to charter for a week with a Loop veteran husband and wife team to better understand what we may be getting into and if the marine lifestyle appeals to us.
Yes indeed, welcome to TF. Good decision that - both - the joining and the charter to see if it agrees with you. :)

Welcome aboard!

Im out in New Bern and this is a grand area to base yourself to learn boating, cruising and connect with many Loopers in the area.

Happy for your new dreams

Tim

Welcome! Your charter arrangement sounds like an excellent opportunity to discover your aptitude and stomach for a cruising lifestyle.

Where will your charter take you? Let us know how it goes and plan to post a review of the experience. There are many questions here about those kind of arrangements, and your experiences will be useful.

Greg.

Welcome aboard TF
Your plan and approach sounds very reasonable.
Conne ting with an experienced looper is a great way to learn and do a reality check.
Only advice might be to do some less extensive cruising for a season or two to get your boat and crew fine tuned and personalized for your needs and style.

Back
Top Bottom