View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 04:04 AM   #8
grandbanksbayfield

City: St. Clair Shores, MI
Vessel Name: Solvogn
Vessel Model: Grand Banks 32
Heat Exchangers, etc.

Hi Everybody!

I am in the middle of installing all new exchangers and coolers on my 135. Bought them from American Diesel, got the CuNi version which seems heavier and sturdier than the copper ones originally on the boat. I decided to replace all items because the boat is now 33 years old and I do not know how long it was in salt water early in its early life. It moved from Annapolis to the western shore of the MI lower peninsula and then to Lake Superior. It is not an extremely difficult job to replace them and the main thing seems to be to get the proper hoses, some of them being pre-formed. Brian at American Diesel has been incredibly helpful and shipping is quick. Just be sure you have all the fittings, etc. ready to go before you pull things apart. I am currently eyeing the male-female fitting that they used to hook the 3/8 in hydraulic hoses to the oil and transmission coolers in case one cannot get them out of the old coolers to reuse them. Once you have your ducks in a row, it should be a pretty easy job.
grandbanksbayfield is offline   Reply With Quote