View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 06:08 PM   #5
SteveandZoila

City: Brentwood
Vessel Name: Miss Rita
Vessel Model: 2004 Heritage East
Very suprised

I have learned much from reading TF post over the last 5 years, I tell people “it's the greatest group of guys, they try to help everybody,” lots of different experiences and thoughts, I have used TF as my best
source to get opinions. I am really shocked at my replies. I was reaching out to you guys because my Pro, has not showed up for my final stage setup.

I have installed inverter/charges before and studied marine electrical systems but stump at the approach to my final stage of this one. Maybe I provided too much information and it was not clear. What I am trying to connect to the three position rotary switch, but do it properly to avoid any backfeed. In my first attempt of installing Invert/char, a few months ago; I had just turned on my genset and a relay started chattering as it fried my unit. Note the boat has a relay to supply power to a few outlets.

I took my unit in for repair/rebuild, and after discussing the problems with several fried units over the last three years, my technician suggested talking with a Pro. I also decided to rid myself of the relay and power all outlets like my old Gulfstar.

OK, I am going to tell you what I feel now, If you don have anything to contribute Don't COMMENT
BTW, I have looked at much marine info on inver/char installs, schematics, YouTube, etc. and will continue to.
Yes I have read and underline,and highlighted the Manual 2 times, and I understand everything in it, BUT it does not cover the wiring to a rotary switch. The Units are installed and wired.
BTW, I have read Calder's book thru several times, new edition. Unfortunately, I left it at home, and I would feel really stupid if I found enough info to solve this setup.
Again: I just want to eliminate any chance of backfeed to my unit.
Thank you Caphening for reply and input.
SteveandZoila is offline   Reply With Quote