Comodave
Moderator Emeritus

City: Au Gres, MI
Vessel Name: Black Dog
Vessel Model: Formula 41PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portage_Bay View Post
Ducatihottie,

You've been asking lots of questions of the forum. That's great in a way. But it's time to really start educating yourself. You'll need a deeper understanding of how your boat and it's systems work than you'll get by having your questions answered here. And with that deeper understanding you'll be able to ask for more detailed input on areas that concern or confuse you. I'll wager I'm not the first to recommend the below sources. You're in for a steep learning curve but it is well worth the effort.

I'd start here with this book.
Boat Owners Mechanical and Electrical Manual Nigel Calder. There are older editions of this one out there which are probably good enough for you due to the age of your boat.

Boat Owner's Illustrated Electrical Handbook Charlie Wing

Boat Mechanical Systems Handbook: How to Design, Install, and Recognize Proper Systems in Boats Dave Gerr

Also pay a visit to Marine HowTo and start reading.

Search out YouTube videos by Jeff Cote to get a handle on electrical systems.

Remember that out on the water you are your own mechanic, electrician, plumber, fire department and medical provider. Especially when you feel the call of venturing further north into BC and Ak and help is more than a cell phone call away.

+1. Excellent advice.
Comodave is offline   Reply With Quote