View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 11:53 PM   #1
SteveandZoila

City: Brentwood
Vessel Name: Miss Rita
Vessel Model: 2004 Heritage East
HELP, Inverter Install wiring

OK guys, I need a little Help Help, Help on grasping this wiring. My boat had a separate charger and 2500watt inverter. The inverter died. The charger too small for my 1250 amp bank. New design; 2 Xantrex 2500 watt inverter chargers 130 amps each. The original set up was a relay to power some of the 120 outlets.I have probably had back feed thru this setup that have fried my new inverters over the last year,. I have had them repaired but don't want to have this problem again.

New plan: Wire one Xantrex to power all 120 outlets. Not sure how to do that. I have a pro to advise me but he will not show up!
The control panel has has a rotary switch with 6 layers equaling to 24 connections for : shore1, Shore 1&2, and Gen. Trying to diagram switch.
The Xantrex 45Has 2 inputs and 2 out puts, lots of ways to set up.
The 2nd Xantrex is going to be a back up and possible 2nd charger, really not to be considered in this question.

Sorry, pics of manuel not up yet.

OK, big question: I must avoid freeback that has fried both inverters over the last year.
I could wire the inverter into the Gen to charge 30 gauge as input, BUT would that backfeed to unit???
Output of inverter would be to ???? Output is were backfeed fries unit.
Output could be directly to one leg of Panel breakers, but when Gen is on would it back feed?
I have read many articles but am stumped. I probably need a 4 position switch Can I add another switch?
Random thought, could be the Sailor Jerry, could I change Shore 1 into inverter load?? It will not be easy, the panel wiring is very tight, it could take hours just to change one breaker. Longer to figure out wiring of rotary switch.
SteveandZoila is offline   Reply With Quote