Boat Cards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I'm not in the habit of posting my phone number and address on the internet. And maybe the info on my documentations is different then my boat card, maybe not. But if you want my personal info you'll have to work for it and not by using web crawlers. And no we don't pass the cards out to strangers. We pass them out to cruisers that we know and feel comfortable with. Without my documentation number and nothing more than the boat name you will probably wind up with more than 50 and less than a hundred Beach Houses. But you can give it a try and see what you come up with. We don't include email addresses because we often give these cards to marinas and don't need any spam while we are cruising. We also use a couple of different email addresses and give certain ones to people we want to hear from and another for those we don't care. We are pretty much all over the internet anyway so it's not too hard to find out who we are, but info is limited. Anyway, this was about boat cards. Chuck

You missed the "wink" ?

One thing I know about the Internet, but forget sometimes is, you don't know your audience. You don't know who you can kid with and who might get highly offended by the same comment.

So - sorry about that.

The documented boat name with the homeport and length and make of the boat will narrow it down pretty well. That might be why so many people hide the stern with a dinghy. ;) (That's another wink).

It's just writing on a screen. I will never meet anyone on this forum nor have I any interest in doing so. So I don't regard the forum as a social activity at all.
Sunchaser has a boat card,got it on a day out on our boat exploring on Sydney Harbour when they visited Australia. We enjoyed meeting and hosting fellow TF members from afar. Last year we were in SF,via Club affiliations a couple took us on the Bay on their sailboat for lunch at Angel Island,a great day for us.Maybe not for everyone, but(not an open invite) we welcome an occasional meet-up. Meeting other boats while cruising is rewarding too. BruceK

It most definitely is for people who want that as part of their boating experience. And I certainly don't pooh-pooh the folks who enjoy that aspect of boating.

We are extremely selective of who we spend our time with outside of work (in any situation, not just boating) and we put a huge value on the time we have on our boat away from people other than our closest friends. So people strolling up to chat on the dock or wherever is not something we encourage, including people we may have "met" casually on an Internet forum.

Last edited:
You missed the "wink" ?

One thing I know about the Internet, but forget sometimes is, you don't know your audience. You don't know who you can kid with and who might get highly offended by the same comment.

So - sorry about that.

The documented boat name with the homeport and length and make of the boat will narrow it down pretty well. That might be why so many people hide the stern with a dinghy. ;) (That's another wink).

Hey, no worries, I didn't take it as anything and no offense taken. We carry our dinghy on the stern platform so the name and hailing port is hidden. That's so when we make our big wake when we pass someone, they can't get the name of our boat. Just kidding. But actually it's on the aft end of the flybridge too so the name and hailing port shows up even with the dinghy up on its side. This keeps us legal. Chuck

I have "Boat Card" I call them "Pleasure Cards", replacement for business cards. I have been using these for about 15 years.
They have all my info on them plus photo of boat.
At one stage i made them myself on Avery business card stock but when I can get 1000 printed on 2 sides , full colour for about $200.00 I stoped self production.
Will post a photo ar some time.
Reverse side of card is black and white like a negative.

Be sure the name of your boat is easy to read on the card , as most cruisers will refer to "those folks on "Wanderer"' , and may not remember your name with out the card.

A photo is fine if the boat is not a Cookie but a MT is a MT, and looks like most TT.

FF

Just a couple of photos of my "Pleasure Card"
Front and back.

Attachments

• P1010833.JPG
    P1010833.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 74
  • P1010832.JPG
    P1010832.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 76
Back
Top Bottom