Shower caulk question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Night Watch

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Night Watch
Vessel Make
36’ Nova Sundeck
84AE1CD1-1921-46B5-AA5B-EA1DBEEE9E68.jpeg

The old caulk was between wall and teak, between the 2 teak trim pieces and between teak and shower pan.
(It’s been removed, by hand, light sanding, and light rub with acetone)
I’m ready to re-seal but wondering if Life Caulk or another non silicone sealant would be better? I don’t want 5200 in case there is a leak and I have to remove it later on. Suggestions?

The pan seems like it’s a textured plastic and the walls are regular interior all original.

I would use Sike 291 for that. To do it properly use their primer on the wood and it will stick very well. I did some teak toe rail to the fiberglass deck about 3 years ago and it is still perfect.

3 m products are Cadillac. Suggest 3m4000. Call their tech support.very Responsive

I would use Sike 291 for that. To do it properly use their primer on the wood and it will stick very well. I did some teak toe rail to the fiberglass deck about 3 years ago and it is still perfect.

+1 Sikaflex ... A little better than the 3M products (does not yellow as much with age) and half the price.

I used to use 3M caulks but have been way more satisfied with Sika once I tried them.

Caulking finished

Finished using brown Sikaflex 291,
There are 3 caulk lines here bit the brown makes it look like one. Thanks for help all.

Attachments

• D8ACF1F1-819D-4E04-BE3B-F50F221B2D28.jpeg
    D8ACF1F1-819D-4E04-BE3B-F50F221B2D28.jpeg
    60.5 KB · Views: 18
Back
Top Bottom