Login Daily

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ktdtx

Guru
Vessel Make
24" El Pescador
Any reason wrt website that I have to login every day?

A few weeks ago that started happening to me also.
I cleared the cookies and it went back to normal.

There are no Max Timeout, or Idle Timeout settings for sessions to my knowledge. The logon is tied to session cookies. Session cookies are tied to the browser session. Every time you launch a new browser session, you'll more than likely need to re-authenticate unless the web browser has stored your session details and ported them to the new browser session.

I turn the computer off daily and have almost never had to re-log back in.

For the longest time, I never had to relog in.....now I do every few hours. It started a few months ago. Probably a windows update or something.

I turn the computer off daily and have almost never had to re-log back in.

As I mentioned......

you'll more than likely need to re-authenticate unless the web browser has stored your session details and ported them to the new browser session.

I leave the computer on all the time and leave the browser window open and I still have to login every morning. There is some sort of timeout that logs me out.

Several things...

1. if you clear cookies (or some protocol clears them in the background) you may have to login again.

2. Check the "remember" me box on the way in - it helps.

3. if you stay connected to the site, the server will sever your connections after an idle period (I think 50 mins) BUT as soon as you hit a hey, it will be restored unless your login cookie has been purged.

4. many browsers and security apps, purge cookies unless you specifically tell them not to.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom