Exumas - 2019 Version

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1979: In what was to be her last "competitive" swim on her 30th birthday (August 21–22, 1979), she set a world record for distance swimming (both men and women) over open water by swimming 102 miles (164 km) from North Bimini Island, Bahamas, to Juno Beach, Florida (without the use of protective shark cage). Thanks to favorable winds and a following sea she averaged 3.7 miles per hour (6.0 kilometres per hour) and completed the swim in 27 and one-half hours.[19]

Dang, sorry about all the mechanical trouble. Thanks for the pics from the chart plotter!

Thank y’all for all the great info. I have not been to the Bahamas for two years and I’m nervous this time!

Sitting at home a little bored and wishing I was on the boat cruising somewhere. Re read this thread where I was getting ready for my fateful 2019 Bahamas trip and ran across this thing I said. I guess I was right to be nervous about my trip. Lol.

Sitting at home a little bored and wishing I was on the boat cruising somewhere. Re read this thread where I was getting ready for my fateful 2019 Bahamas trip and ran across this thing I said. I guess I was right to be nervous about my trip. Lol.

For now, the Bahamas are closed to folks from the US.
Seems we are not controlling our C19 and they do not want infected folks from the US.

Seems we are not controlling our C19 and they do not want infected folks from the US.

Yeah I read that yesterday about the Bahamas. Damn shame, because they really need our tourist dollars right now, but I certainly understand their concern especially with Florida, Texas and other states so out of control right now.

Unless it changed today, there was an exception for private yachts and aircraft.

But, who knows how long that will last.

112915236_10217690048311473_5159149946355560045_o.jpg

No...just closed to people from the US coming in on commercial aircraft or boats. Private is still allowed with negative testing before.

The Bahamas have now made it a negative test within five days, plus a new test when you move between islands.

Not sure how we could work the five days. We would have to go down to West Palm, then be sure of a good crossing day three days out, get tested and get the results in two days, then leave.

All a bit hit and miss - and then how does one get tested if moving between islands out there!

I can't see any different rules for private boaters.

Just best to sit still and let this pass unfortunately.

The Bahamas have now made it a negative test within five days, plus a new test when you move between islands.

Not sure how we could work the five days. We would have to go down to West Palm, then be sure of a good crossing day three days out, get tested and get the results in two days, then leave.

All a bit hit and miss - and then how does one get tested if moving between islands out there!

I can't see any different rules for private boaters.

Just best to sit still and let this pass unfortunately.

You will definitely have to have some luck with the timing and weather to pull that off and not have a miserable crossing.

Back
Top Bottom