Salon table top refinishing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Unclematt

Vessel Name
Seaview
Vessel Make
Sundowner 32
Help.! My wife thinks I have scratched the 30 year old new to us boats table top with my tools. What is it made of and what is the best way to refinish?

Attachments

• table 1.jpg
    table 1.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 78
  • table 2.jpg
    table 2.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 78
Looks like formica? Remove half rounds, use heat and putty knife to remove old, replace with new surface of your choice.
Of course it's your fault [emoji849]

Why were you walking on your table?

She is a bit of a fixer upper so I may have used it for my tool bag, supplies and such. What do you think would be a good durable replacement?

If you can get it off and sanded smooth, I would replace with more Formica. That stuff is pretty tough. It comes in any color you can dream up .

Replace with same Formica. Great product. Not hard. We did two areas with white. Inexpensive.

I suggest Formica as well but would go with some sort of pattern. Wear and tear is not nearly as noticeable.

Not so fast. If your wife has spent good money to buy furniture that has a distressed look, you're off the hook. Now your table has a distressed look and it didn't cost you a dime.

new boat is easiest solution.

Or you could ask her if she would rather have a new pair of gold earrings or a new table top. Pick the cheaper solution.

My wife has also complained about scratches. I claimed I didn't see a thing. I handed her a can of wax. I then ducked.

Back
Top Bottom