Bluewater 40 Pilothouse Roof Replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She looks great. The extra length to overhangs give the boat a nice touch. Great work.

Thanks, last roof done!

The overhang on the front really cuts down on the sun coming in.

I like it, especially the antenna recesses. Looks great.

Thanks Dave,

You didn't comment on me getting rid of the varnished teak at the front of the PH doors.

You're not getting soft on teak are you? :socool:

No, I am still an advocate on painting teak. We love our white teak and the lack of work it provides. When we put our hardtop on the flybridge we also had the front extend about 6” forward over the negative angle front enclosure. In light rain it keeps the rain off the front panels and we can still leave some panels open. Also it does provide more shade in the flybridge. Yours looks good.

No, I am still an advocate on painting teak. We love our white teak and the lack of work it provides. When we put our hardtop on the flybridge we also had the front extend about 6” forward over the negative angle front enclosure. In light rain it keeps the rain off the front panels and we can still leave some panels open. Also it does provide more shade in the flybridge. Yours looks good.

I wooded and epoxied the cap rail around the whole boat with the intention of painting it. The teak caprail looked so good with the thick epoxy on it that I lost my mind and varnished the epoxy coating. 11 years later, the caprail needs varnish and I don't want to do it. Will have to take it down to the epoxy. Next year?

I wooded and epoxied the cap rail around the whole boat with the intention of painting it. The teak caprail looked so good with the thick epoxy on it that I lost my mind and varnished the epoxy coating. 11 years later, the caprail needs varnish and I don't want to do it. Will have to take it down to the epoxy. Next year?

One moment or weakness and many many hours of retribution...

Back
Top Bottom