ben2go
Guru

City: Upstate,SC
Vessel Name: Shipoopi
Vessel Model: derilic sailboat
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffnick View Post
Are you in Inman?

Down I26 to Charleston is about 200 miles for me. Savannah is farther. You can splash into Lake Marion, go thru Lake Moultrie and lock down to the Cooper River to get to Charleston. There's a RR bridge you'd need to know about on that route...or put in at the ramp off 17A on the Tailrace for a clean shot down the Cooper.

I've also splashed at Georgetown, Hilton Head and Skidaway Narrows a little south of Savannah.

Best, safest, easiest bet for a first timer is the ramp at Isle of Palms...very protected, no current and floating docks - but unlike most other Charleston ramps, there is a charge.

Thanks and yep,Inman.I live right off 26.What I was think was leaving the tow pig as far inland as possible, when I set off to do the loop.I'll be out during hurricane season and would like to feel that it's safer than being on the coast.I also considered dropping the boat at a marina,leave it on the hard,and get someone to drop me and my gear off a few days later.

Sorry for hi jacking the thread. Send me to the Bahamas to walk the plank.Preferably in shallow water close to a tropical isle.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote