Testing image upload

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CamanoFolks

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Whimsy
Vessel Make
Camano 31
Having issues uploading an image for our profile, this is a test. Using a Mac and the image is in our iPhoto folder.

Does the image show when previewing a post? So far haven't seen one if it's suppose to show.

Are you talking about an avatar? If so,"Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 200 by 150 pixels or 100.0 KB (whichever is smaller)." You can use "preview" on your mac to adjust a photo to those requirements. Hope this helps.

Test2

Reduced the size to 200x150. It worked, Thanks

Do how do it get this image into my profile?

Attachments

• IMG_4260.JPG
    IMG_4260.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Go to user "CP" and click on "edit avatar", go down to "custom file", click on "choose file" and point it to the photo you reduced and "save changes".

Last edited:
Let me define the forum areas for pics.Profile pic only shows up on your profile when someone visits your page on the forum.An avatar pic is the little pics under our user names when we post on the forum.Mine is of a blue print drawing, to the left of this post,of a boat I am considering building.Pics in posts are under the writing in a person's post.

Sounds like you want to post your pic under your username as an avatar pic.Rochepoint gave better info above on that than I could.

Thanks to you all, I had tried to fix my CP but as they say, "did you read the manual?". Never scanned down the list of options, at least not past the "Edit Profile Picture", duh.

Nice avatar.That looks like a top line RIB.

Well, it's not real fancy or glossy but it is bullet proof. Beaches of oyster shells, sharp rocks, etc. are not a problem. Hauls a ton, is too heavy, won't go fast (>25), doesn't leak air and we love it. Great interior space for multiple crab & prawn traps, downriggers and usual stuff.

Well, it's not real fancy or glossy but it is bullet proof. Beaches of oyster shells, sharp rocks, etc. are not a problem. Hauls a ton, is too heavy, won't go fast (>25), doesn't leak air and we love it. Great interior space for multiple crab & prawn traps, downriggers and usual stuff.

Sounds like a good set up.Who needs to go fast, if you're close to a bigger boat or shore.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom