Damper Replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks man I ended up pulling the bell housing and gear. It was a pain in the butt. I got it all fixed up headed out the Frog handled weather like a champ. All this for one smal piece of spring I pressed home and then I lost thrust. Anchored in direct winds and rough waters to inspect the issue. Apparently my transmission oil cooler is leaking internally. I lost all my transmission oil. I allowed to cool filled it and anchored in Ingrams Bayou. Which is very secluded. Holding out here in the bayou until storm subsides then will determine if I can either fix the leak or bypass and limped It home. I flew Chinooks for the Army and even though I am not familiar with boats I have definitely learned how to improvise when Murphy rears his ugly head. Take care all and wish me luck. Weather report here in Orange beach is crappy as Hell but oddly calming and very exciting. Well I am gonna grab a drink and enjoy the show.

Thanks man I ended up pulling the bell housing and gear. It was a pain in the butt. I got it all fixed up headed out the Frog handled weather like a champ. All this for one smal piece of spring I pressed home and then I lost thrust. Anchored in direct winds and rough waters to inspect the issue. Apparently my transmission oil cooler is leaking internally. I lost all my transmission oil. I allowed to cool filled it and anchored in Ingrams Bayou. Which is very secluded. Holding out here in the bayou until storm subsides then will determine if I can either fix the leak or bypass and limped It home. I flew Chinooks for the Army and even though I am not familiar with boats I have definitely learned how to improvise when Murphy rears his ugly head. Take care all and wish me luck. Weather report here in Orange beach is crappy as Hell but oddly calming and very exciting. Well I am gonna grab a drink and enjoy the show.
Isolate the tube in the cooler that is leaking and, if the offending tule lines up with the water ports, block both ends with a tapered wood plugs. Good luck

Golden Star thin gelcoat/fiberglass hulls???

I know this is an old post but I see you have a Golden Star trawler. Im looking at a 1988 42 Golden Star but I've never heard of these. I inspected the hull and bridge and they seem very thin!! Not sure if this is one of those boats that has very little gelcoat /fiberglass. Do you have any opinion or heard any comments regarding this with Golden Star trawlers? Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thank You!!

I have Perkins HT6.354 in my lobster boat. I have done this several times but my keel will accommodate a 2x3 first to spread the load. I have also lifted my engine using cross beams, ½” threaded rod, & coupling nuts to raise it enough to remove the oil pan, check the bearings and replace the oil pumps.
I don’t think you actually need 6” to get the transmission out, more like 2 – 3” for a Velvet Drive

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom