Telecommute and am looking to live aboard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kegulator

Does anyone know of any marinas that allow live aboards in Northern CA (CA Delta) ?

I work from home as a Content/Analyst Moderator and about to lose my office due to a major rental increase. Always wanted to live on a boat. Does anyone know of any Marinas that will allow live aboards in the area? And is there such a thing as renting/leasing a boat to use as an office? I dont want to drive it. Just want to live and work there. Any help would truly be appreciated. Thanks, Craig

Does anyone know of any marinas that allow live aboards in Northern CA (CA Delta) ?

I work from home as a Content/Analyst Moderator and about to lose my office due to a major rental increase. Always wanted to live on a boat. Does anyone know of any Marinas that will allow live aboards in the area? And is there such a thing as renting/leasing a boat to use as an office? I dont want to drive it. Just want to live and work there. Any help would truly be appreciated. Thanks, Craig

As a person who both lives on their boat and telecommutes, I can honestly advise that it would be easier to simply rent a two bedroom apartment and turn one of the bedrooms into an office.

No, there are not a lot of 'boats for rent'. A boat is not a comfortable place to work from. I live on a boat that I use regularly, and rent a small 120 Sq. ft office to work from. I work from the boat occasionally, but would not want to do it full time. If you want to live there and work there, but not take it out, I don't even see the point.

Up in our corner of the US fewer and fewer marina's are allowing liveaboards. Those that do are slowly reducing the number allowed as folks move away. I doubt any public marina would allow renters because of liability and insurance issues.

The relationship is between an owner of a vessel and the marina in question.

Wow, thank you guys for the great responses! I truly appreciate it. May just go back to my original plan of purchasing land and a mobile home. Now I just need internet/satellite service lol. Have a great week.

Back
Top Bottom