My first Long Range Cruiser

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really like that you called her “Long Range Cruiser”
The only other good name would be “Heavy Cruiser”.

Looks the business, congrats.

Tankage, range and fuel burn?

Last edited:

How about comfortable cruiser.
95% plus of the time is spent at anchor, makes sense to spend it in a comfortable cruiser

That’s because it’s actually called a Hatteras 65’ LRC ��

Last edited:

Love the Hatteras. We've got an almost clone, the Vantare 64.

Made in Taiwan in '88. (Except on the electrical panel it says MAPE in Taiwan)

Almost the perfect vessel for us.

Two crew and invited guests.

Not sure I see the ‘clone’ part maybe a CMY?

Looks the business, congrats.

Tankage, range and fuel burn?

Thanks, 2800 gallons, havent had it long enough to figure out the burn for different rpm's. However, with no gen set running i believe i am close to .8 gpm at 1400 rpm (8 knots) and .65/.7 at 1200 rpm (7 knots)

It's great that you posted engine room photos first!
So much space around those 671N's.

The boat looks really nice!

The engine room is the most important feature for doing what i want to do. I had to have confidence in the machinery and the space to move around freely when handling emergencies at sea. It has a full standup 6'8" head room and i am 6'3". I fell in love immediately.

The engine room is the most important feature for doing what i want to do. I had to have confidence in the machinery and the space to move around freely when handling emergencies at sea. It has a full standup 6'8" head room and i am 6'3". I fell in love immediately.

If you carry a good suite of tools (including the 2-3 Detroit 2 stroke specific ones), some spare injectors and a cylinder kit or two, you could manage just about any repair you might encounter anywhere you go, right on board. The 671 is a very simple engine to work on as I'm sure you already know.

Was always told to Keep it Simple Stupid and those engines are simple. The whole boat is really. I don't have any of the new fancy electronic controls and computer monitoring for everything like on new boats, that only makes it more complicated and time consuming to get to the root cause. There are already too many alarms and whistles and sirens to keep track of all the sounds. LOL

Hi, and congrats. I bought my 58 LRC last year and love it. I'm in Bellingham, WA. We have 1.4 years till retirement then we plan to follow that same route you described. If you go before me I'd like to keep in touch. I can give you some tips on the LRC if you end up with questions.

Last edited:
Great photos, I love the 6-71N engine package. I have a 58 Aluminum hull that I am building out as a LRC with two 671N for power. I’m trying to work out the best gear ratio and prop size to obtain best fuel economy at 8-9 knots. Do you by chance know the ratio or prop size in your LRC?

Attachments

• 38EE3EBB-3D1C-4B9C-9E4F-B873D54D8D01.jpeg
    38EE3EBB-3D1C-4B9C-9E4F-B873D54D8D01.jpeg
    161.9 KB · Views: 25
Detroit diesel

Are those the 12-71 I have a 453n in my trawler and it runs smooth as silk,love the Detroit

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom