42 Grand Banks Motoryacht

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well done - she is beautiful (understatement). And the website is very easy to follow.
We own a 1983 GB 36 Classic, and Rose Mary's elegance is something to aspire to. Thank you for sharing on here and good luck. I'll pass the word around down here in the South.

VERY well done vessel and website. The best in show comment is right on...good luck with the sale.

Beautiful boat, I thinks the other thing that is impressive that you live aboard and the boat is not all cluttered up with junk as on most live aboards!
HOLLYWOOD

Hey Westiculo, wants the status. Inquiring minds need to know.[emoji41]

Finally posted! Check it out here: https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums...toryacht-1985-rose-mary-51807.html#post896701

We decided to start at $229k. A few different people pulled some comps from soldboats which was very helpful. We also had a surveyor come through who was overly impressed with our work. I'm hoping that there there are certain folks who will appreciate upgrades that are difficult to find in any other boat (double pane windows, insulation, marble countertops, shiplap ceilings, etc.). Of course, there are also the people who will look at year, hours, and make and decide on a price - this boat likely isn't for them.

We'll see what happens! Thanks for the wonderful comments everyone!

My first largish boat was a Uniflite 42. It was in fantastic condition despite being pretty old - we would not have looked at it had it not been at the broker's docks. Now, this was pre-Internet, but still. I've often thought some boats just need to be in better company.

For example, in my opinion, Willards are seemingly under valued in the market with W40's often listing for $125k and still take a while to sell so it's hard to call a premium for an especially well cared for one. But if that same well-cared W40 were sitting a sales' dock with some Nordic/American Tugs at +$250k, well, the Willard might seem like a steal at $175k.

Peter

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom