psneeld
Guru

City: Ft Pierce
Vessel Name: Sold
Vessel Model: Was an Albin/PSN 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry H View Post
psneeld,

The inspection/cleaning is recommended to be conducted annually. In the PNW many boats of our type, including mine, don't operate in the winter, so a spring checkup is appropriate.

When I go out on my boat, its to head north into Canada or Alaska, and go to remote wilderness locations. That is not the time or place to find an overheating problem.

After a winter layup, I might not be able to remember the exact temps on the gauge from last summer, so I do preventive maintenance.

YMMV!
Funny not in my Lehman manual...only flush cooling every 1200 hrs. The heat exchanger is mentioned often...but in reference to the zincs...nothing on cooler dismantling and cleaning.

It was not mentioned in my Cast manual either...just the same...flush system every 1200 hours if memory serves me correct.

If you want to do it annually fine...great idea...but as I've said repeatedly, doing PM is great and more often isn't usually a problem except for people that think they need to do it but pay others to do it....then they are flushing money either down the toilet as some would say...or stimulating the economy as politicians would say...
psneeld is online now   Reply With Quote