Optima Blue Top Batteries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdtheC

Vessel Name
SeaWhiz
Vessel Make
Beneteau Swift Trawler 34
Need to replace my cranking battery and wondering if anyone has had experience with Optima batteries. Need a 34 or 35 AGM.

Need to replace my cranking battery and wondering if anyone has had experience with Optima batteries. Need a 34 or 35 AGM.

If all you are using it for is a start battery, go with the red top Optima battery. I use one on my 4045 John Deere and one on my Onan generator. The first one on the Deere lasted almost 7 years. Got mine from Summit Racing with free shipping.

Ted

10-20 years ago Optima batteries were a reasonable choice for the smaller sizes.
I now use only Odyssey batteries of those sizes. Check them out, perhaps you'll agree.

I had an Optima red top on my old Dodge/diesel pickup. Lasted 7 years and was still in service when I sold the truck.
Good product.

I have two blue top Optimas on my CC in NJ. They were on the boat when I bought it used in 2013. They come out of 6 months of NJ winter storage at 12.6 volts and have not even come close to failing to start the V6 Yamaha. After 7 years, no signs of weakness.

Back
Top Bottom