water pump noise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wwestman

Vessel Name
Excellent Adventure
Vessel Make
1995 Jefferson Ker Shine 45
Some time back in a thread I cannot find, someone posted a picture of how he had mounted his water pump on top of white water hoses, then mounted the hoses to the side in order to lower the noise and vibration. I am looking for that picture so I can show it to the person I am going to task with completing the modification.
I can describe what I want but a picture eliminates all misunderstand.

Thanks

I have tried to describe the mount but agree it isn't easy eventhough you know exactly what YOU have in mind.
It is also important to eliminate rigid inlet / outlet piping... even PEX. Flexible hose makes a difference.
1485996783829.jpeg

That was Larry on HOBO that posted that original picture.

What Bacchus pictured is best practice for pump mounting, pump head down (at least I think it's head down, can't really tell) so if something leaks (it always does) it doesn't ruin the motor. However, isolation mounts prefer to be loaded in compression, not vertically in shear.

:socool:

Last edited:
Some time back in a thread I cannot find, someone posted a picture of how he had mounted his water pump on top of white water hoses, then mounted the hoses to the side in order to lower the noise and vibration. I am looking for that picture so I can show it to the person I am going to task with completing the modification.
I can describe what I want but a picture eliminates all misunderstand.

Thanks

Ever consider going with a 120V pump like a Headhunter? Dead quiet and excellent pressure...

I mounted mine on rubber feet and it made a big difference.

L

The rubber feet or the hose will probably make it much more quieter.

Inshore a quiet water pump can be just like home.

Offshore it can be a danger if a FW hose lets go and the next water is a week away.

A light to monitor the pump cycling is a pretty simple install.

Back
Top Bottom