Moving up.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bligh

Guru
Vessel Name
Concerto
Vessel Make
1980 Cheoy Lee
After 6 great years with our NT37, we are moving up. We are in contract for a well maintained Cheoy Lee 52 Motorsailer. I completed my own thorough survey this weekend and it passed. There are a few items that need attention of course, but no deal breakers. The professional surveys are scheduled a couple weeks out. After 7 years or so being a part of this forum and 6 years of boat ownership , I am infinitely better equipped for the second round. 20200627_165043.jpeg

Last edited:
Congrats on your new boat. Hope everything goes well.

It's a beaut! Congrats.

I hope those big vertical sticks on the deck prove themselves worth the inconvenience.

Greg.

That is a beautiful boat! What are your plans? Maybe Hawaii?

pete

Congrats, that is a very cool looking new boat!

I remember you and I both got similar vintage NT37s at about the same time, interesting that we both moved up about the same time as well!

That is a beautiful example of a well maintained boat, as far as motor sailors go the Cheoy Lees are great boats.

Congratulations
HOLLYWOOD

That is quite a ship. Congratulations!

David

It's a beaut! Congrats.

I hope those big vertical sticks on the deck prove themselves worth the inconvenience.

Greg.

Ha. They told me they were for fishing!

Last edited:
Congrats, that is a very cool looking new boat!

I remember you and I both got similar vintage NT37s at about the same time, interesting that we both moved up about the same time as well!

I noticed you moved up recently as well. Congratulations. I was in the nordhavn and KK market as well until this unexpectedly dropped in on the market. I couldnt resist, especially with the amount of maintenance it has had over its life.

Looks like a great boat! I hope the surveys go well.

FWIW, I think the NT37s are great boats. If I ever go down in size, that would be one I'd look at.

Sweet boat. Have always admired them. Had one come in a few years ago. Liveaboard family from California. They are quite roomy boats.

The world is your oyster...

Congratulations. That is one sweet ride. Always loved this model.

Congratulations,

She is a beautiful boat!

Have not seen many boats (with sails) that have a crane davit on the bow and the room to store 2 boats!

Hope the survey goes well.

Jim

Looks like a great boat! I hope the surveys go well.

FWIW, I think the NT37s are great boats. If I ever go down in size, that would be one I'd look at.

Agreed. The NT37 was a great boat for us until my 11 year old turned into a wookie on his 16th birthday. Now he takes up the whole main saloon seating on the NT37!

Very cool. Congrats! Im surprised it has twin engines.

You are a better Dad than me.

I made one of my teens sleep on the pilothouse floor with a thermarest mattress when we cruised.

I have always been a fan of those boats!!!! Good luck with the process going forward!!!

Geeeezz...........
That, my friends, is a BOAT!
Nice choice.

Is the sea trial going to include putting it under full sail? In my opinion it definitely should.
Hope it all works out and leads you to many new adventures! Are you going to keep it in Santa Cruz? I have deep roots there and in non-COVID times visit at least three times a year.

That is a lot of nice boat.
Congrats on the purchase.

Congratulations. This boat has been a regular at Prisoners Harbor -- and I got a tour and a hang on board a year or so ago. Very impressive boat and beautifully kept. My wife and I were talking yesterday about the economics of it. The conversation stopped abruptly when I mentioned the cost of the slip. Enjoy!

Wow! What a great boat! I have always loved these Iconic vessels.
Well done, and good luck with the Survey and Sale transactions. ?

Its not that. He is just now so big and in the way all the time!

You are a better Dad than me.

I made one of my teens sleep on the pilothouse floor with a thermarest mattress when we cruised.

I was still thinking about this lovely boat the OP is buying when I spent the last few days up North on Libra.
As it turned out, and what are the chances, my slip neighbor who also has a nice motor sailor is retiring from boating and putting his up for sale.
For those of you of this ilk, his Mariner 50 is well qualified, well equipped, and well cared for. This was a military man who applied his discipline of detail to the care of this vessel and it will show.
I think it will show up listed by West Yachts within the next week or two.
I will miss this boat and this great neighbor.
This is not a great picture that does the boat justice but will give you an idea of it.

Attachments

• Cadenza.jpg
    Cadenza.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 39
Back
Top Bottom