View Single Post
Old 06-27-2020, 12:28 PM   #19
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducatihottie View Post
Thanks. Not buyer's remorse. Just new buyer. If I was selling my boat I'd feel embarrassed to upon problems I didn't fix.

When you day he's my broker. Aren't the brokers working for the seller?
The majority of deals don't close. Nothing wrong with that. The best deals in your life are often the ones not made. However, you can't nickel and dime yourself out of deals. If you closed today and those windows were the only problem, then so what and if you're making them into a big deal that's your problem. You'll get a list of issues and must determine those truly important to you. I'm not sure the surveyor will catch the windows but what I hope they catch is the water in the hull and the shafts that need replacing and the engine about to need a rebuild and the generator that's dead and needs to be buried.

You're buying a boat. You're about to start spending big dollars. Notice I said "start spending" because it's a lifetime path of spending. I'm worried a bit about your preparation and ability to handle that as you're worried about the windows and about the cost of surveying all the same day. I hope you know that even after the best surveyors you'll find more things that cost you. I hope you consider paying for a survey that keeps you from a mistake is a worthwhile insurance policy.

I know you're nervous with this being your first boat, but you must be comfortable with the fact you'll pay for surveys of boats you don't buy and you'll have expenses after the purchase. The surveyors don't have the luxury of using the boat for a year and during that first year other things will happen. And during the second year, more.

I'm not saying that wanting to spend reasonable amounts or catching the windows isn't important, just that you need to be sure you have perspective of what is ahead.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote