Lugger Paint

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
So I want to refresh parts of my engine and reached out to Northern Lights to see where I could get the paint.

Then sent me this:

From Finish Masters
Nason
Ful-thane 2k
Urethane
CG902IB

I just called Finish Masters and they said that this code was the base product code. What they needed was the mix formula - basically what he was saying it is like going into Home Depot with a swatch and they mix the paint colors to the formula on the swatch.

I did tell him that the engines were painted white so could it be just the base color and he said there would be a tint in it.

Long shot, but does anyone with Luggers have the formula?

John Deere Green, should be pretty simple.

pete

For my NL I just got a tiny can of white rustoleum

Call Northern Lights back, Ask for Todd Crossland. Ask Todd to get you the paint mix formula from Terry. I would send you straight to Terry but he can’t hear the phone in the paint booth.

Call Northern Lights back, Ask for Todd Crossland. Ask Todd to get you the paint mix formula from Terry. I would send you straight to Terry but he can’t hear the phone in the paint booth.

This

I have never had luck with this even though they claim that it is a close match.
Lugger paint is Moeller 25109 Sea Foam White.

This

I have never had luck with this even though they claim that it is a close match.
Lugger paint is Moeller 25109 Sea Foam White.

I Googled the Moellar but it is only in spray cans and I would rather have it in a can and paint it on with a brush in the ER.

I will try NL tomorrow.

Nope, white (with a tint or not, is not clear yet).

Deere marine engines are also white.

Well done you!

Sent them an email with what you said and just got this! Will be contacting Finish Master with the label that was sent.

"I did check with the guys in our paint booth, and I’m glad I did. Based on the build date of your Lugger, the paint will actually be an IMRON white.

I am attaching the label which shows the paint product number as well as formula. Hopefully that’s enough for Finish Masters. If not, let me know and I can follow up."

A quick follow up on this.

Finish Masters aren't allowing any customers in and you have to call in your orders.

So I just called them and gave them the product code and asked if they could make up a gallon. The cost for the paint and activator - $703!!!!

Um, no.

Try Kirby Paint in New Bedford Massachusetts. They do a lot of custom mixing. You can get their contact info off their website.

It might be worth a try to get a quart of inexpensive farm/tractor paint in white, try it on a small area and see if it matches up well enough. Rustoleum makes a tractor paint in gloss white, and Tractor Supply carries 'Majik' branded tractor/implement paints in a variety of whites for case and other manufaturer's shades of white. $13 per quart for the Majik brand. I've used their tractor paint on a variety of outdoor and automotive projects and it holds up really well.

https://www.rustoleum.com/product-c...y/farm-and-implement?ls=280132&lc=Gloss White

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/majic-tractor-truck-implement-oil-base-enamel-gloss-white-1-qt

I'd be inclined to get back to Northern Lights and talk them into selling me a pint.
I would be willing to bet they would do it. Some people are just like that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom