Lou_tribal
Guru

City: Quebec
Vessel Name: Bleuvet
Vessel Model: Custom Built
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam88 View Post
Wow, Thanks for all your answers...
So first of all is about my budget, I don't really want to go higher than 25k for the first boat as I don't yet know how my wife and the kids will love it. If they really do I would be ok for an upgrade in a couple of years. I wish I could find a single diesel trawler but this is almost near to impossible in my area especially with my budget. The best scenario is to find something in a good mechanical shape with maybe some minor reparations needed. I do really like Campion 30 trawler and the boat we looked at has a replaced Mercruiser 4.3 V6 with around 700hrs on it but there is no electronic at all and some fiberglass repairs were poorly done. ( I do understand it's a 40 years old vessel) All this for 23k.
1992 Prowler 30ft sundeck is for 18k . Will take a look at it Tuesday. My wife likes two cabin and separate shower options. I'm aware about Alpha drive and 1300hrs on the twin Mercruiser 4.3 engines as I understand this is close to their normal life. Found some interesting deals south of the border but I don't think this is viable option for this season thanks to covid.
You don't need to restrict yourself to mtl area. I got mine from lake ontario and cruised it back, no big deal. One thing I would keep in mind with gas engines of this size is how thirsty they are as here gas is not cheap (well it is now but for how long).

L
Lou_tribal is offline   Reply With Quote