Cold Shot
Veteran Member

City: Freeport, TX
Vessel Name: Cold Shot
Vessel Model: 1997 38' Luhrs Tournament Open
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT Firefly View Post
Greetings,
Mr. CS. Algae does NOT grow in fuel tanks BUT there are microorganisms that do. The "bugs" need water so you must have water in your tank(s). The Killem did it's work and killed all the bugs and that stuff that's clogging your filters is dead "bug" bodies (bio mass). As suggested, you can have the fuel polished or make your own filter type system. In any case, you must remove all water from the tank(s) or you will have the same problem down the road.
I split a bottle of Killem between the three tanks. We pumped out 460 gallons of bad diesel and several gallons of water too. I added 4 bottles of Stanadyne Performance Enhancer and put 240 gallons of new red diesel in. After the first trip on a choppy day the slime balls were clogging up in the bottom of the Racors. The 10 micron filters in the Racors were clean because the trash was too big and would clog up the float ball in the bottom. It was starving both engines of fuel.

I need some kind of screen first that will let the small particles in to the Racors but one the will catch the big pieces before they get to the Racors.
Cold Shot is offline   Reply With Quote