42 Grand Banks Motoryacht

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Westiculo

Vessel Name
Rose Mary
Vessel Make
42 Grand Banks Motoryacht - 1985
Well, we think we're going to put her up for sale. It's good and bad. We think we're ready to move into a house, but to do that, we have to sell our current house which is our beautiful Rose Mary.

We haven't contacted a broker yet or settled on a list price (I know you were going to ask). But I wanted to give TF a preview since we did so much work on the boat. I put all of our photos on a site as well as a list of features and upgrades. Please review and let me know if you see anything obvious that's missing (besides price) and I'll add it in. I used Wix, it was actually really easy, did it in about half a day.

The site: https://westinmhill.wixsite.com/rose-mary

Thank you all for being so helpful!

Attachments

• _MG_1736.jpg
    _MG_1736.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 431
Beautiful boat! Looks like you've done a ton of work, I'd say it shows exceptionally well. Best of luck with the sale!

She’s beautiful. I would consider it if I weren’t totally in love with mine! She should sell fast!

WOW! Very nice, don't let my wife see it!!

Holy carp! I have never seen a 42 Banks done so well. Especially a 1985. That being said, quit teasing us. Give us the details. Prices, engines, hrs, stabilizers etc, etc. This is" The best in show" I have ever seen.

Good Lord that is one fine looking boat. I would like to save the pictures just to use for reference on what can be done to make a boat nicer. I will look for the price fully knowing that it is likely not in my price range, but I am shopping. congratulations on your work and vision for the boat. Very impressive. Bill

Having owned a GB, I really appreciate what you did with the windows. Eliminating the sliding windows is a big improvement. Great looking boat, good luck with the sale.

Thank you all for the compliments!
There's details listed under 'specification and upgrades', I made the menu pop a little more so it's not overlooked.

We can't say price yet because we haven't met with a broker, don't want to start off on the wrong foot.

We reached out to one broker, but any other recommendations for a broker for this kind of boat would be most welcome.

It is a Beauty! I love how you have kept up on the exposed teak, can't say I would be able to do that. In fact, I am in the process of painting all my exposed teak.

It's a Grand Banks, it is Lehman powered and obviously well loved. Replacing the tanks is HUGE, all the other upgrades are nice selling points.

My guess is that you will want about $125,000 for it. I think that is a little high given the year of the boat. Anxiously waiting to see what you will ask.

(I'm not in the market though)

pete

It is a Beauty! I love how you have kept up on the exposed teak, can't say I would be able to do that. In fact, I am in the process of painting all my exposed teak.

It's a Grand Banks, it is Lehman powered and obviously well loved. Replacing the tanks is HUGE, all the other upgrades are nice selling points.

My guess is that you will want about $125,000 for it. I think that is a little high given the year of the boat. Anxiously waiting to see what you will ask.

(I'm not in the market though)

pete

He will get more than that for it but from my experience he will be lucky to get anywhere near what he has invested.

"Awesome" is an overworked word, but in this case it's the only word I can think of. Some lucky buyer will spend years marveling at the thoughtful mods and exquisite upkeep this great GB has received. Good luck with the sale!

That is one well kept lady !!

ps. Don't pay a broker full price. With that web site you've done all the work !!!

As pretty as it is, it is forum rules that a price must be listed in the post.

As pretty as it is, it is forum rules that a price must be listed in the post.

Yeah, I see that now. It's not listed yet so we can't put a price. Can you recommend a better area of the forum to post this and/or help move the thread?

Immaculate. Very nice.

Wow, very impressive and you delivered a thoughtful balance between tradition and modernization. Love the master head, might steal that as head upgrades are on next season's to-do list.

Excellent job on the website! Very tasteful and informative. And of course Rose Mary speaks for herself! Exquisite! Well done and good luck to you. She is truly my dream boat!

You might want to reconsider not posting a price. At least for a "soft opening" here on the forum. You could post for 10% less than you would be listing with a broker and if the price is reasonable, you might sell before even going THROUGH a broker.:thumb: Or you can list with a broker for his inflated asking price and have it languish on YW for a year, costing you more than 10% of the sale price in moorage, insurance, maintenance, etc and then STILL having to drop the price in order to sell through a broker . . .:nonono:

Absolutely fantastic example of a Grand Banks motor yacht. So much inspiration to refine our 46MY. Thank you for posting and good luck with your sale.

She has a lot of sizzle for sure. If you sold her for over $175,000. you will have set a new recent world record (last 4 years). You just may do slightly over that is my guess.
The motor yacht models have been a tough sell everyone wants the classic. For living space the motor yacht is the right choice.

Gb 42

Greetings, kudos to you both for the work on the boat and the website. Both are superbly done! I too would be interested in looking at her when I return to Maine in July.

Obviously well-cared for. The price of around $125K appears ball park. Downside is age, hours on the engine (however, recent work and probably thousands more to go), and lots of bright work. The positives are many more - congratulations for excellent work.

What is her fuel burn?

Be proud of your accomplishments.

Only the aquamarine engine bolt heads don't work for me; otherwise exquisite.

Beautiful craft, great web page. If I didn't live in Australia I would be first in line, must be tough to put her on the market. Love the colorful engines.

First off that is not really a boat but more of a museum piece, if you told me to take her out for a spin, I would have to go home shower and put on my nicest outfit.. I tell everyone that my 43 Marine Trader is a "fishing boat" that to me means a work boat, allowing me the excuse of keeping all mechanical and electrical in top shape but not keeping up with the teak and finishes.. your boat is like I said a museum piece and those who are interested 5,000 hours on a Lehman 135 is nothing.

Sale it yourself if you can, I think this benefits both the buyer and seller, leaves communication channels more open and makes everyone happier in the long run. I just sold my house myself, it allowed me the ability to call all the shots and the buyer is fully aware of every detail information is lost going through another party. Good luck !

Back
Top Bottom