Max length 29’-11’’ Any recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarknDea

Hi Folks. Looking for some advice/recommendations for boat with a max length of 29’-11’’. We really like our current dock and it has a very strict max length. Don’t mind modifying the bowsprit/anchor set-up or swim step. Needs to be a large volume of space for 2 people to comfortably cruise. Anyways, looking for ideas. Thx!

If this is including swim platform or the room required for outboards and the bowsprit, you will be looking for a boat around 26/27 feet. Here is one suggestion - Nordic Tug 26 with an overall length of 28' 9".

https://www.nordictugs.com/nt-26/

Note: To maximize space you will be better of with a stern drive or straight shaft drive boat, not outboards that eat valuable space.

PS: if you are adding a dinghy which most likely will be on davits off the swim platform, that will eat some inches. A dinghy/davit would fit on the back of this Nordic Tug. Look around for other "like" boat designs.

Edited this in: An older Nordic Tug 26:

Last edited:
My Willard is 30’0”.
W/O any extensions.

How about a Prairie 29?

Bowsprit and swim platform might need modified.

Check out the Albin 27, you have a lot of living space in three cabins. A dinghy on Weaver davits will not put it over 29'11".

rsn48 wrote;
“I checked on older Willards 30. Most have a bowsprit that takes them well beyound 30 feet.“

Just whack it off. Having a Willard is much more important than having a bow pulpit.
I usually recommend to People looking at Willards to favor boats w newer engines and newer fuel tanks.

An Albin, either a 25 or a 27 is a really good boat. I had a 25 and wish I had it back.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom