Lowrance transducer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leo321

Vessel Name
far horizon
Vessel Make
maim ship/1979
I purchased a lowrance hook 2 with a triple shot tranducer.i have a 34 ft mainship, and i was wondering if i could glue it to the inside of the hull.

The PO of my current boat did that and it works great to about 14'. And it is a hook 2 also. Would not recommend.

I purchased a lowrance hook 2 with a triple shot tranducer.i have a 34 ft mainship, and i was wondering if i could glue it to the inside of the hull.

I have a Humminbird transducer, designed to be fastened to the transom, but epoxied to the inside of the hull in my RIB, and another in a 3"ABS pipe epoxied to the inside of the hull and filled with light oil. Both work well to over 600'. All TDs should work as well inside as out as Fibreglass is invisible to the TD.

Last edited:
Should work fine unless you have a cored hull.

When I had my 1978 Mainship I epoxied a Humminbird transducer on the inside of the hull and it worked as well as the thru hull did.
I located it in the flat part of the keel just forward of the engine.

Before you glue it you can test it inside the hull. Make a little dam around the transducer with clay or duct tape or whatever so that you can put water in it. As long as there is no air space between the transducer and the bottom of the hull it should work (if it’s going to). This way you can test it and or try it in different spots.

Ken

thank you all, for the help i will give those a try. thank you

Back
Top Bottom