Boat Cup Holders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
Just got this on my FB feed and ordered eight for $20 to try them out. We don't have cup holders on the FB or cockpit so thought for that price why not.

www.conester.com

Just got this on my FB feed and ordered eight for $20 to try them out. We don't have cup holders on the FB or cockpit so thought for that price why not.

www.conester.com

Something I learned for navigators on submarines. Yes, back in the 60s they still used paper charts as a physical record. I have no idea what they use now.
BUT, NEVER NEVER NEVER put a cup, glass or anything that contains a liquid on the paper chart or within spill distance of a paper chart. If fact you never drink anything near the paper chart. You do not pass a container of liquid over a chart either.
Of course, you don’t want liquids near anything electrical or electronic.
I can see using these on the eating table but not within the spill distance of a Nav station.
So, that is just MY opinion.

I can see using these on the eating table but not within the spill distance of a Nav station.

Well, if you consider the equipment on the FB, out in the elements, I'm in trouble if a can of diet ginger ale or cup of coffee is going to get into them! :)

Last edited:
BUT, NEVER NEVER NEVER put a cup, glass or anything that contains a liquid on the paper chart or within spill distance of a paper chart. If fact you never drink anything near the paper chart. You do not pass a container of liquid over a chart either.

No need to tell me, I know that. Just don't ask me how I know that!

No need to tell me, I know that. Just don't ask me how I know that!

Did you learn it in the Navy or from experience on your own boat?

Something I learned for navigators on submarines. Yes, back in the 60s they still used paper charts as a physical record. I have no idea what they use now.
Of course, you don’t want liquids near anything electrical or electronic.

And that's why I no longer have paper charts.

Ted

If I carry on any longer like this I might have to go boating...
My preferred cup holder:

Attachments

• BF143D5E-2ED1-433E-9882-43EACBC92771.jpg
    BF143D5E-2ED1-433E-9882-43EACBC92771.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 59
Anything more than a handful is a waste.

Ted

A quote from the 60s, “The sweet meat is always close to the bone. If this were not true, why would we bother eating ribs?”

Yea yea, I know..... a comment made by sexist, rib eating old man.

Back
Top Bottom