fixing to retire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seamanmt

Hello to all.
I am a retiring carpenter and not very good with technology so I will probably make mistakes, finally attempting retirement with my bride of 41 yrs.
we owned a 39' 1971 seaway several yrs ago, and sold due to business obligations. however, my dream has been to live aboard and do icw and coastal cruising as much as possible, Bahamas occasionally. I have been searching YW ever since we sold the seaway in waiting to replace it. I have been looking at several different models over the years. My wife and I both like the features that the bigger bayliners 3888 and larger have, the cockpit and flybridge for me and the tub and roomy interior for her. I would like to invade upon the experience and opinions, you all might offer about this type of boat. Are they stable, efficient, are the hinos reliable etc ?
I am asking a lot, but I don't want to pull the wrong trigger.
V/R
Mike

Welcome, and good luck with your search! I'm not familiar with Bayliners, but there are those here who are.

Greg.

The larger Bayliners have a good rep, the smaller ones not as good a rep. The 3888 is well regarded.

If you want definitive information regarding Bayliner specifics, the best place to go is the Bayliner Owners Club.

www.baylinerownersclub.org

I love the lines on the 3888. Bayliner did make some good boats in the yacht line. Good value for the money. They fit a lot of boat into the given size. BTW, welcome aboard.

Welcome aboard TF. I'm a little familiar with the Bayliner Motor Yachts and really like the 3888. All of the bigger Bayliners offer a lot of interior space for their given size and are comfortable cruising boats. i've spent time on 4588's and 5788 and found them to be nicely done.

One thing I noticed about the 5788 while taking it on a delivery run from Seattle to Stockton, CA is that it seemed to be "bouncy" in a heavy sea. In talking with the owner of the boat I found the dry weight to be about 10,000 lbs lighter than my boat which is a bit smaller. I suspect that might have been the reason for the way it handled the seas.

All things considered I think the Bayliners offer a lot of boating bang for the buck.

Welcome to TF and retirement. Remember have fun when looking for a boat.

My wife was born here in the panhandle of FL, and she is always fixin' to do something. With a more cosmopolitan life before we met, I tend to get ready to do things. So the question is begged, "War yew from, pilgrim?" Oh and welcome aboard. We need carpentry advice here ALL the time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom